Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Damn son! Very nice(so far I’ve only watch Gamma, but it’s gorgeous song AND video).

I don’t need any more reasons to desire an DT, though- darn it!

NOOOOO! I’m dying-DYING- to hear your slap chop track!

1 Like

Wow, crazy good stuff. Are you using the wavetable oscillators for much of the synth sounds? I’ve been having mixed luck sampling synth one shots and playing them chromatically.

I also want to hear this slap chop track. :slight_smile:

@phaelam I really, really like focusing on one device fully and seeing how far I can push it.

@ziebarf I am using the single cycle waves that came with the DT a lot! I think they were a really, really awesome addition to the base-samples. There’s enough variation in their tones to create tons of different timbres.

4 Likes

Thanks Bud :grinning:

Thank m8 really appreciate this! :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/akathecuriousvibe/yesyes-live-a-random-universe-2

4 Likes

I watched these last night and was all “why does he keep pressing the page button??” Then I remembered the criminally underused (by me) fill mode! I neglected it, because I had so much going on in my live rig and would use X:X condi-trigs for fills. Now, my live rig is the DT alone, so I can pay more attention to pressing that button. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Try a combination of Fill and Non-Fill Conditions. That way you can exchange Sounds roughly on the same Step by setting one Trig to Condition “Fill” and another Trig right beneath it to Condition “Non-Fill”; micro-timed fully towards the left or right - depending on where you placed it. Do a Sample Lock on the Step with the Fill Condition.

When you now keep the Page Button pressed, you literally exchange Sounds on the same Steps in Realtime :wink:

6 Likes

grrreat !!! All Digitakt? Sounds like a proper Micromix! :wink:

… this is from my live set: all synths, sounds and loops, sequenced with and sampled into digitakt: sampled, sequenced. recorded loops into ableton: and again with some plugins exported. beats, bass, and synthloops to traktor remixdecks where i play live with. the mix u hear is not far from the original digitakt mix though, a bit more pumped

some friday night fun (messing around with the fills)

https://soundcloud.com/djerror_nl/bornem

1 Like

ah thats a great tip (didn’t thought of the microtiming) :slight_smile:

Yeah, i used this method a lot in the past. But keep in mind that it doesnt work so great for Sounds with a noticable Attack (like Drums). The Microtiming doesnt allow you to place the step exactly onto the position of the next/previous step. So there will be a slight delay. For everything else - which doesnt have spot-on Attack - it works like a charm though :wink:

2 Likes

Dude, is that really all DT?

all snds and loops are recorded or sequenced and recorded using the digitakt, after the beats. bass and synths are recorded in ableton to prepared them for traktor remixdecks (where i do my live set with): added a bit of compression and eq in the final stage . But all sounds, loops, beat sequences etc… Digitakt!

Listen to Cover by babagali #np on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

Hey everyone, just finished my first recording with the digitakt, loving this machine!
sub bass was sampled from the mfb dominion 1 analog synth.

5 Likes

somebody did make an challenge on the facebook page to only use the factory samples starting with the letter A…this is my result :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/djerror_nl/a-challenge

5 Likes

strange that i don’t listen to edgier music, but when i make music…
this is all from 4 hours in a hotel room.

1 Like