Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

A 1hr jam made late last night on the digitakt. I’m really quite pleased with it! Inspired by the 5minute challenges this is a 1hr challenge. Music made in an hour, with a performance afterwards.

One of the rare occasions for me that the live effects tweaking worked well at making new sections for the beat and a nice ending too. All sounds are just a selection of beats, radio garden samples and piano sounds. Oh and a little bit of auto mastering and high end eq boost on the recording.

2 Likes

you might want to speed up the bpm to match those samples :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trip hop ish?

I also have a new album out that features a ton of Digitakt.

1 Like

I think I have a faulty unit, it sounds all wrong.

1 Like

Anyone got Beth Gibbons’ number? Nice - like Portishead meets Gravediggaz :wink:

1 Like

I listened and enjoyed it. I didn’t notice anything off.

1 Like

That’s an amazing compliment. Lol.

1 Like

This is my last experiment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AONgHNu5LQ0

1 Like

I already posted this in the hiphop thread, but my latest instrumental album is done completely on the DT

I did sample a lot of other instruments, like my rhodes, moog grandmother and some guitar. A lot of samples from my record collection serve as the backbone.

The DT is a really inspiring box to work on, and I didnt really feel limited in any way.

1 Like

thank you @Misanthropic_Friend - Me too. Maybe @garf has faulty ears and not my machine that is faulty, who can tell ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps they meant the bass in the beginning, but you may have wanted it that way. But maybe they just prefer more tightness to the clock and synchronicity?

If it is a done track and sounds good to you, then it’s perfect. There’s no right or wrong way to do music. If it is how you want it exactly, then that’s how it is supposed to be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

no doubt

fwiw, i was talking about the first 1:20 where the breakbeat sample is too fast for the DT’s tempo.
when the sample changes around 1:20, it’s in time.
but if it sounds good to you…

1 Like

What, huh? Speak up, I didn’t quite catch… oh, ah, I’ll get my coat. :wink:

Anyway, who wants. to test their lugholes on this:

CAUTION You do so at your own risk and it may cause dizziness and feelings of unease, or it may just bore you, which is also totally normal. It’s advised that children should only listen when supervised with an adult.

2 Likes

Ah ok, appreciate the explanation. that’s cool. I did think you was originally joking and referring to the timestretch at the start being half speed . Sorry if I offended you with my ‘faulty ear’ reply, reading it back it is aggressive … please accept my apologies :pray:t2:

1 Like

Yes, I see what you mean now. The breakbeat sample just before 1:20 has some trailing empty space I think, so even though I’m using the LFO to sync to bpm…the trailing empty space is throwing it off a tad. :pensive:

Your ears are more than fine :smiley:

1 Like

All good!

1 Like

A little only Digitakt improvisation on the second day after I bought it (sry for my horrible english)

Diigitakt
And little krg mk2

1 Like

Is this your piano or a sample? Do you have any tutorials I get so easily ovewhelmed when it comes to hip hop even though I have no troubles with SP404 or Ableton

1 Like

This is actually a single note (I think piano or rhodes) played polyphonicly on the DT using a keystep and the rk002 smart midi cable.

I loaded the sound to all 8 tracks, played around and (re)sampled that.

Afterwards I placed this 1 sample on 1 track and used the other tracks to built the track around this sample. Hope this helps you!

2 Likes