Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

i’d also add that most stuff posted here is unfinished (mine is anyway).
its often a few hours of noodling , a few patterns with some variety and then recorded straight to whatever device is nearby.

finishing a track , actual proper production / arrangement / structure does take a while , but isnt down to 8 note limit.

and this thread is for digitakt only things , which itself adds a ‘limit’ . using one device , and understanding it fully , can lead to better results than having a lot of gear and barely understanding it.
i think my best results are often down to plugging in a few items, not everything i have. I’ve only got 2 hands , maybe i need foot pedals.

5 Likes

Dude. I don’t know why I love this track so much- but I’m really digging that track(so much). I just feel really good listening to it. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Unfortunately, on YouTube something is wrong with the sub,

3 Likes

wow , thanks for the feedback , its really appreciated (and all the people who’ve liked it).

2 Likes

Diggin this one!

1 Like

A little Digitakt idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this! cant agree more. i am more creative with the Digitakt than ever before. Because theres finally one single device again, which is fun - and easy - and offers a lot if you take your time! same goes for the OP-1 in my case. less is more! :wink:

2 Likes

very chilly, great stuff mate. only complaint i have: the LFO on that “lead” sound is a bit stressful. but apart from that: great work!

1 Like

like i said, who has the talent and character required to do it right with 8 poly? few. and the sound shaping options are minimal on top of low poly. it will take someone pretty special to make this work super well (beyond simple tracky stuff with simple 4/4 offbeat style)

This is a jam. I made it with Digitakt only, in one sitting, with one take. It does not feel unfinished to me. I did not feel limited when making it. If you don’t like it or think it’s limited or unfinished, I don’t really know what to tell you. Sorry?

32 Likes

it sounds like an idea development or a workout. do you perform this sort of thing?

i get the impression that most guys using this thing do it for their own amusement rather than any serious composing or releases.

1 Like

How long have you been using gear? You do understand you can combine gear with other gear right? It’s a sampler. You should be able to make it sound like anything. If the limit of 8 tracks prevents you from making music you are happy with, too bad.

2 Likes

i just stated an opinion. ive been using gear for decades.

It just seems really naive to me. It’s as if you don’t know anything about all the music that has been on old school samplers like the EMU SP-1200, MPC 60, or SP-303 over the years. As if all the great hip-hop made on all these machines is not music? Is that what you’re saying?

2 Likes

nah just seems a bit too limited by its self. for many, that is. im saying to make something with major character and impact, its gonna require a savant willing to do endless foot work. but youre right about pairing it with a bunch of other stuff. whos got a bunch of stuff tho? a no0b doesnt have the budget for that lol! isnt this the entry elektron piece?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!!! :slight_smile:

I don’t know. I don’t think it matters, and I don’t really care. It’s a sampler man. Seems pretty straight forward to me ymmv

I tried to get my response off the board before a reply because we’re not here to talk about the limits of the Digitakt. People here are learning, having fun and listening to what others have come up with just the Digitakt on hand. Please be mindful, even if it isn’t a slam dunk track people put effort into their track and went on a limb to share it.

4 Likes

my mpc 1000 comes close to this in capability. so does my electribe 2. actually the electribe out shines this and is a bit cheaper too. just sayin, ok enough of that. back to the WIP parade

1 Like

good work blokes!