Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Ok, shit’s sorted out now and the electronic thing will be out on 9th of February! Video is done and you can check it here (unlisted at the moment, but will be properly public on Monday 5th). There will be 6 tracks total, all of them somewhere on the hardcore / dnb spectrum.

NOTE: The video features a fuckton of flickering images etc. so Epilepsy warning applies.

1 Like

I had a band the last ~2 years. We played out and released a little EP last year, but everyone got flaky, so I think that’s pretty much done. On top of that, I’m losing my jam buddies of 6+ years to the West Coast. So, I’m definitely on the lookout for new opportunities. That’s the great thing about the Washington DC region, no shortage of folks making music.

I’ve picked back up guitar and bass, and I’ll be auditioning for a new project with a decent singer. He seems interested in recording. We’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Offloading/ salvaging some more “experimental” left field type stuff that’s been on the hard drive for ages before it gives up the ghost and Cubase 5’s wav indexing gets any more messed up than it already is.

4 Likes

Finished two new tracks this weekend. Dedicating 6 hour sessions each day to focus on finishing stuff has been great. Pack away all distractions and get finishing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hurrah! Go get 'em!

1 Like

I’ve had a strange synth techno-pop (?) album I made mostly on the Digitone sitting on my hard drive since September 2023, and I just didn’t get around to do some artwork for the cover that fits the music. But now that that’s done, it’s ready to go on Bandcamp some day next week.
Then I have a very hard to describe videogame prog rock (??) album that’s only missing vocals on 4 of the 7 songs that I’m planning to wrap up in the next few months. Made mostly on the op-1f and m8 with lots of guitar. I think that’s the coolest thing I’ve ever worked on, so I don’t want to rush it, but it would be nice to have it out by June.
There might be more collaborative stuff brewing, but more releases would just be a nice bonus for me in 2024.

Edit: here’s the DN record: C-Sections - An album made mostly on the DN using midi-loopback

5 Likes

I really want to do something new this year. Had a small release last year with something really unexpected.

1 Like

A few days late of official release(I had to spend the past few days wrapping up the branding for this one(and the project)), but this is this month’s episode for my project

Listen to Episode 3 - Love Life by Meat Team on #SoundCloud

4 Likes

I have so much stuff ready to release and in the pipe. Finishing up an ambient album and then maybe an EP but also working on another movie soundtrack… My few supporters might get sick of me after 2024 lol

1 Like

Got three tracks ready to go for my first Bandcamp release, two of which originate from my Jamuary sessions. Probably going to make it a four track ep, because the tracks share a similar feel and vibe, and I would want a wider colour palette for an album release.

I hope to put out a few releases this year.

2 Likes

I’m finally dropping, as the young folks say, my first solo release on Friday.

It’s going to be out on all the usual platforms, streaming and BandCamp.
I’ll post links and info when it’s online but just wanted to say that I’m really happy that I finished it and being able to live up to my previous commitment in this thread.

I really hope you all push through with your goals for releasing your music. Even when you might have doubts or think that it’s too big a task to finish, mix, master, create videos and social media promotion. I surely been through all these doubts and many times almost gave up on it and just wanted to start a new jam on my latest toy.

But it really feels great now that I’m on the other side of the work load and actually have the opportunity to start something fresh again.

9 Likes

Great! I’d love to check it out when it’s released. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks buddy

The Album is out and I did a little write up as well, but it´s already posted here

4 Likes

Easy peasy! I should be releasing something very soon (but only after taking about a million years to finish the project). Tough to find the balance between releasing and perfecting, especially if you’ve sunk so many hours into a project and know it can be better.

2 Likes

Yeah I can relate to some of that, time is precious and sometimes you have to choose between pleasure and duty.
I really hope you find the right balance that works for you and get your music out in the open.

1 Like

Music, like software, is never “finished.” It’s simply “released.” And the things that bug you probably won’t be noticed by the average listener

3 Likes

:heavy_check_mark: released something (on Bandcamp)
:heavy_check_mark: got an amazing review
:heavy_check_mark: got a stranger to spend money on something I did

If I can, you definitely can!

7 Likes

A big thing getting in the way of me doing any sort of official releases has always been artwork. I’m trying to get around that by learning how to use jWildfire and fractal flames to create something evocative. Here’s one of my attempts.

5 Likes

@digitalgeist

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!

1 Like