Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Thanks buddy

The Album is out and I did a little write up as well, but itĀ“s already posted here

4 Likes

Easy peasy! I should be releasing something very soon (but only after taking about a million years to finish the project). Tough to find the balance between releasing and perfecting, especially if youā€™ve sunk so many hours into a project and know it can be better.

2 Likes

Yeah I can relate to some of that, time is precious and sometimes you have to choose between pleasure and duty.
I really hope you find the right balance that works for you and get your music out in the open.

1 Like

Music, like software, is never ā€œfinished.ā€ Itā€™s simply ā€œreleased.ā€ And the things that bug you probably wonā€™t be noticed by the average listener

3 Likes

:heavy_check_mark: released something (on Bandcamp)
:heavy_check_mark: got an amazing review
:heavy_check_mark: got a stranger to spend money on something I did

If I can, you definitely can!

7 Likes

A big thing getting in the way of me doing any sort of official releases has always been artwork. Iā€™m trying to get around that by learning how to use jWildfire and fractal flames to create something evocative. Hereā€™s one of my attempts.

5 Likes

@digitalgeist

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!

1 Like

Put my first EP out on bandcamp, link in the our music section, and someone actually paid money for it today.

First time Iā€™ve ever sold a music release!

9 Likes

Congrats! Thatā€™s a seriously great accomplishment, and itā€™s a wonderful feeling.

1 Like

Well, this didnā€™t age well.

Alright, so for 2024, I am committing to -1 release. Thatā€™s right, not only do I predict I will not release anything, but someone will steal one of my current releases.

The bar is set very low. Let the games begin!

7 Likes

lol, Iā€™d be kinda proud if someone would consider my music good enough to release under their own name :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, but that one release you released was pretty darn good! Thats a quality over quantity structure. You canā€™t beat it

4 Likes

Thanks you! :beers:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going with the no quality and no quantity! Working out super great so far!!

5 Likes

music to annoy my neighbors was pretty awesome though so I donā€™t know if I can take this statement at face value.

2 Likes

Lately Iā€™ve been doing a variety pack of tracks including tech house, synthwave, nu disco, dance pop, lofi, etc. Some of that has been in the last month to get my Ableton chops going, as I recently switched from Reason.

My next stuff, in progress, is in the LA club bass house vein. I have a couple friends who run labels focused on that stuff, so Iā€™m hoping to do an EP worth and get it out there on a label. Thatā€™s my 2024 release plan. Weā€™ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

BOOOOOOO!

I demand music from you! Iā€™m about to grab my signs and take it to the streets!

Random question, COMPLETELY unrelated- what city do you live in? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

To quote @Tchu

Digitone City!

3 Likes

Thats obviously not a real placeā€¦

Iā€™ll be there!

1 Like