Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Good luck kev

1 Like

This topic is outside of my comfort zone and I feel neurotic even thinking about it but whatever. This is a placeholder post, to committing to releasing. something. this year. in an official capacity. even if itā€™s just a bootleg of my old unreleased material. but probably something new. for my elektrobrethren, I promise unto thee. word is bond.

6 Likes

Been off work and have covid again but been spending full days making music this week which rarely happens.

Finished a track yesterday and sent to a label which I love, hopefully it is listened to. Made the track with a friend who has released on the label before so that should help.

Mixing down another one today hopefully and planning to finish another before work on Monday.

I think i will have been more productive in the first week of 2024 than the next 6 months combined :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Youā€™re always on top of it but glad to hear youā€™re making the best of things. Make sure you get some rest so your body can recover, feel better man. Looking forward to hearing what you come out with this year.

1 Like

Thank you and make you fulfil your target you have set yourself. You got this

1 Like

Thanks G. If Iā€™m honest itā€™s more the commitment that I have issues with than the sharing part, but Iā€™m doing this to mentally compel myself to follow through. Iā€™ll try and make good on it if for nothing other than the satisfaction of not just blowing it off as a matter of secondary importance as I usually would.

2 Likes

Well youā€™re committed now, itā€™s written in stone, or at least text on a forum but legally you gotta do it :wink:

Damn. Iā€™m gonna have to put my name on that stone as well.
I spent all 2023 finding I have opinions about how I might wanna make kicks, hihats, shakers and stabs. There is material built up, but kept waiting for it to get ā€œbetterā€, or finishing a couple more tracks to go with it.
So it sounds like this thread is for me also :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah 2024 is the year that Iā€™m releasing something for my new project.
I been putting out records with bands for a long time but this is my first ā€œownā€ release in about 20 years.
Iā€™m aming at releasing start February and try to do some sort of campaign with supporting videos and what ever instagram snuff requests these daysā€¦

Iā€™m starting low key on this project and hope to build it up so that I can get back to do live shows.
Itā€™s only digital this time but maybe a limited cassette if things get out of hand.

Is Bandcamp really ā€œofficiallyā€ releasing something? I definitely thought it was just Soundcloud with a donate button. Maybe Iā€™m fundamentally misunderstanding what it is.

That being said, folks can not listen to my tracks on Bandcamp just as easily as they donā€™t listen on SC. I finish about a track a month. By the end of the year, I typically have 3-4 that Iā€™m pretty proud of. Maybe itā€™s worth gathering the ā€œgoodā€ ones (quotes are doing a lot of heavy lifting) into a BC release. You know, for my fansā€¦

2 Likes

Theres a market for everything. Thereā€™s no reason why you couldnā€™t make a release of your good(notice the absence of quotes) tracks on Bandcamp.

I try to keep up with official releases of my fellow elektronauts and I try to make a point of purchasing any of their good releases with what aligns with my personal definition of good

2 Likes

Incredible! Is there a thread with elektronautsā€™ releases? Genuine ask. Or is it kinda all over the forum.

1 Like

Also reporting in.

Iā€™m just a bit scared to put my stuff out there even though I do make tracks that I am very proud of.

Its time to get to work and send some tracks to different labels this year. I also want to finish 10 tracks this quarter to keep my output going and prevent falling into perfectionism.

2 Likes

Official releases scattered across the forum.

Best result would be to go to

For last years releases, and then you can work backwards to 2022 from that same thread.

If you want some of my personal favorites from our fellow 'nauts I invite you to message me and ill give you a whole slew of bandcamp links

2 Likes

Last year my ny resolution was to ā€œdo musicā€ every day. Widest possible net. Picking up the guitar, yt videos, listening to old DT tracks, going to concerts/festivals; anything music related.

It really hard wired my brain. Now itā€™s like 35% of my brain real estate.

I ended up putting up one song I was proud of on Soundcloud. Got some really cool feedback from friends.

This year the goal is to put out an EP. Gonna frankenstein a bunch of weird sketches on some PC Music/Thy Slaughter bullshit

I also put my name on the no new gear thread. Had to unsub Loopop and Cuckoo and mentally block the Other Gear threads lol

Creeped this forum since I grabbed a DT back in 2020. Also pushing myself to be more engaged rather than a lurker.

Anyway, appreciate all you regulars. s/o my fellow lurkers.

2 Likes

I entered a couple of the hip hop battles last year. They are great for checking out nauts productions. Some really impressive beat makers in here

1 Like

A couple of new ones and some that have been kicking around for a while, hence the title.

3 Likes

Same as last year! NOOOOOO thank you! :wink::hugs:

Hey hey! Glad some work is getting out there!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 Likes

Thanks very much, dude. :hugs:

1 Like