Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Same as in previous years, a thread for people who want to commit to releasing something in 2024, to quote @craig from the 2022 post:

It can be whatever you want, an album, EP, single, 30-minute drone track, foley recordings of your environment, etc, but it has to be released in an official manner (Bandcamp FTW!) and shared here to show that you’ve completed the challenge.

Personally, I’ve posted some tracks to Bandcamp in 2023, they are not particularly good or something I’m really proud of, I did it to overcome a personal fear of posting something “officialy”, and I did it.
In 2024 I want to release music that I’m proud of, something I would enjoy listening to, something complete, so I’m here to commit to releasing something in 2024.

30 Likes

Going into 2023, I tongue in cheek refused to commit to releasing anything(even when I had releases already scheduled and planned)

But this year, I’ve got my new project that I’m aiming not just to releasing SOMEthing, but 12 somethings.

The January release has dropped on certain platforms(still troubleshooting the others) and its about 23 minutes

I’m trying to wrap up the February release today and tomorrow, and its going to be around 40 minutes :grimacing:

If all goes right, its going to be one heck of a year

5 Likes

I’d like to release my first beat tape and then a cathartic project I’ve had in my head forever that’s kind of in the blackgaze realm, but doesn’t use any guitars. Wall of sound but using dirty organs and strings instead.

8 Likes

Ahh. Already have committed!

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/gordonstrange/drifting-through-the-dust-2?utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=Email+&utm_source=SendGrid

Digital and cassette release.

5 Likes

war time is uncool for commitments like this … but i’ll try anyway!

10 Likes

Release is kind of a funny term for me, being that I only make music for fun, and to share with whomever decides to click on it. :smiley:

However, 2023 was probably my most productive (or I guess prolific) year in some time, especially where hardware based music is concerned. I have the Bluebox to thank for that really (and also class compliant updates for most of my gear).

Seems like 2024 will be similar.

2 Likes

…i said it 22…
…i said it 23…
…and now, i really can’t fool myself any longer…
this year, i have to overcome my option paralysis and finally start to release something again…
i’m drowning in production zombies…time for cleaning out my sonic closet once and for all…
make room for real new shit…
before all this ai promise land is biting my mind and ears off…
and i’ll never make it out of my comfort zone ever again…

2024, here i come…

9 Likes

This year I’ll just promise to release two things. One electronic music thing, one something else entirely.

There’s a bunch of almost ready stuff in the pipeline, but since there are a few life changing things happening this year, I am unwilling to make any bets on whether I have time to get those across the finish line.

1 Like

Last year was probably most productive I’ve been with actually finishing things and having them released. The label was happy and I’ve few remixes and another releases planned with them for this year. I count myself lucky to have that opportunity and that somebody actually likes something I’ve made.

My goal is to hopefully get some gigs and maybe a festival slot with the label this year. Managed a gig in Ibiza last year and if I can do that again this year I’ll be extremely grateful.

9 Likes

I’m supposed to play a friend’s event end of January … I’m planning (and currently scrambling) a Rytm-only set, so I guess I’ll release a version of that in what ever form it takes :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yo, when you do this, please tell me! Sounds incredible.

Personally, I will be doing an EP of some kind this year. I’m unsure if it will be the video game cover project I started, a collection of micro songs/ interlude style pieces, or a smattering of jungle/ jungle-ish songs.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever shared with my closest friends and I find it challenging to bring something to completion but I’d really like to get at least one track out there eventually. 2024 seems like a good time to do it.

3 Likes

In regards to my own solo projects, I plan to release 4 R&B singles from a collection of over 25 new songs written and fully recorded over the past 3 years. At the end of the year, the songs will be consolidated to an EP for a limited vinyl run.

I was saving the best songs for a new album release, but another 25 songs are possibly needed to curate down to a quality end-product. Due to limited time for my own music projects, I decided to release scheduled singles instead, since a buffer of content available.

In addition, me and the members of my old R&B singing group from the late 90’s/00’s tossed around the idea of completing an EP project in 2024, but I am doubtful that it will materialize. The topic comes up every few years, but falls apart due to various factors.

That said, no planned Techno projects for the foreseeable future. Just working 100% on R&B music at this time.

2 Likes

I’m planning to roll it back a bit this year after quite a few releases in '23:

currently I have two albums scheduled on two different labels, summer & winter releases for 2024…I’ll have a few tracks on compilations & doubtless a couple of remixes to do…Got a handful of gigs in the diary so far, so it’s shaping up nicely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Havent fully finished any song since 2015 so maby this year should try commit and even release something :sweat_smile:

1 Like

DT sparked my fire to release stuff again (resulting in a couple of minor releases in 2022) but getting the M8 was a major boost and i made lots of releases under many aliseses spanning various genres in 2023. for 2024 i’d like to build more “muscle” just fiddling with devices so i’ll try to participate in the weeklybeats.com yearly challenge. i’m planning to mostly focus on generative stuff (still with M8) tho. my only worry is this challenge may drain all the “musical” energy of me so i wouldn’t work on a “proper” release, but noone’s pointing a gun in my head to participate every week. let’s see what happens.

1 Like

this thread always made me feel guilty, every single year

also, is buying an octatrack is a mistake in 2024?

1 Like

Got too offload my SoundCloud account to Bandcamp as an album or two.

Would love releasing something that could fit Seil Records artistic direction.

And we are 4 people playing every two weeks, I’d like for us to come up with a 1h live and record it as an album.

9 Likes

I’m new and excited to be here. 22 i told myself i would and 23 I promised myself but I didn’t commit. I did however work on my tape the entire year of 2023 and now it’s almost ready! I’m just putting some final touches on it. Would love to connect with others here and maybe even share our stuff. I really wanna connect with other people who are in the same boat as me so yeah. Feel free to reach out or reply if you’d like to interact! My name’s Kev and I’m excited to be here and see everyone’s progress as well as my own :slight_smile:

8 Likes

good attitude man, welcome to the forum.

1 Like