Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Hahaha. I got a 4 and a 1 year-old, so I totally feel ya.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ve put out like six albumā€™s worth of stuff in 2021, so maybe Iā€™ll do the opposite and promise not to release anything next year.

13 Likes

Iā€™m currently releasing around one ā€œtrackā€ per month in response to Knobsā€™ Knudges. These all end up compiled on Bandcamp along with submissions from the community with all proceeds going to charity. With a bit of luck, Iā€™ll keep up the pace in 2022. Thatā€™s a very long winded, plug-heavy way of saying yes, count me in!

2 Likes

I will 100% be releasing a textural noisy dark techno EP in Q1 2022, already over halfway there in terms of tracks. Been releasing a track every few weeks for the last month or so.

A side-issue I have is that my last EP was a jazzy sample-based groovy house thing, so my artist identity is all over the place.

3 Likes

Cool threadšŸ˜Ž Iā€™m definitely committed to release something in 2022!

2 Likes

Iā€™m in

2 Likes

Iā€™ll release on bandcamp at least one 2+ minute track of SOMETHING by end of 2022.

5 Likes

I did well this year by getting a collab with my best mate of electro/techno type stuff and then a short album of lofi hiphop(ish) stuff on my own. Hoping to achieve something similar next yearā€¦

Another collab with my pal but this time weā€™ll be practicing a bit and then recording it liveā€¦ again mostly somewhere in between electro and techno with plenty of dubby vibes.

Then, I also want to do an album of really minimal tonal stuff (think Raster Noton and the like) that Iā€™ll combine with a few interpretations of classical pieces just to make sure itā€™s only me that would ever want to listen to it.

Should be fun!

3 Likes

That counts. Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Iā€™m determined to get something actually finished this year. Iā€™m in

3 Likes

Iā€™m in for an EP or beat tape of some sort. Been meaning to do this forever, so :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

I love this idea and would love to see it happen!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to do a single per month this year. Didnā€™t quite get there, but some of that material will be coming in 2022 for sure.

2 Likes

im in :alien:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll try this.

Iā€™ve spent a decade making nothing but 4-8 bar loops and 30-second clips. Iā€™d like to teach myself how to write songs this coming year

10 Likes

Iā€˜m in. Itā€˜s time.

2 Likes

@craig Iā€™m 1,000% in. Definitely will be doing Jamuary, and I hope to have a beat tapeā€™s worth of stuff from my MPC to release in January. Iā€™m also sitting on an album or two of ambient stuff, (most of it if questionable quality :joy:).

Great idea for a challenge, and itā€™s great to see so many people committed already. :grin:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my contingency plan for Dec 2022.

5 Likes

Last time I put a project together, it was an excuse to learn ableton and I never released the result. The goal this time is to understand the OTā€™s arranger mode, then actually follow through and share an EP with u lovely bunch.

2 Likes

Oh god, is this what an intervention feels like?

I actually had pretty good success with no new gear for a while, from 31/12/2019 Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve only picked up an AS1, Walrus Audio D1 and a Blackbox, so Iā€™m inā€¦ but afraid.

Iā€™ve been wanting to make a collection of moody jams focused on drolo stretch weaver and meris hedra, so I might aim to start there.

Fully expecting I may have to change my account in 2023 and be like ā€œwhat happened to that Stone guyā€™s epā€¦ what a flake! Hey, check out all the synths I just gotā€¦ā€

4 Likes