Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

There’s always the option of a burner Bandcamp account and the ‘experimental’ tag :wink:

4 Likes

Implies finishing something haha

1 Like

I’d love to get 22 2-minute tracks on Feb. 2nd.

Most of what I listen in BC is tagged experimental.

5 Likes

Now you’re committed! Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll do my best.

2 Likes

2-3 tapes, one remix ep and one cd coming out next year if everything goes to plan.

2 Likes

Ended up failing every time I’ve made that sort of commitment. So this coming year I’m committing to doing nothing.

3 Likes

In with at least 2 albums. Maybe more if stars align correctly.

1 Like

I’m not in.

3 Likes

(Maybe another thread?) But I’d like to commit to doing something live in 2022, c19 willing. Ideally a short, cinematic/ambient set in a bar, maybe with video screen.

As for releasing, I don’t know how, but I’d like to make an EP and release on Bandcamp, ok, yes. I commit, 2022 I will release an EP of the “best” of the Digitone noodling that I do to relax/unwind at the end of the day.

4 Likes

this year was 2 tapes and one lp/cd.

1 Like

…ooooo…my perfect question…

release plans for post pandemic year zero…?

i’m all in and all over the place…

from january on…every six weeks…another next digital release on all platforms…of my endless backcatalog of post industrial dub songs…each a carefully curated collection of songs between 4 upto 7 songs…

in march, a first release of my new dancefloor punchliner project…

in may, the first release of the last band of my life…lots of vocal hooks and riffing on tribal glitch on heaps of low end rumbleaction…

from june on…frequent club sets of that new floor punch…
and from july on…some festival live gigs with that new bandproject…

after summer season…early autumn…a next album of that band…and another release of that dancefloor crusher…

all this including also lot’s of video snippet support coming alongside…

so, i’ll be committed as fuk…finalleeeee…again… :wink:

6 Likes

I will commit to at least one album or two EPs this year, and a full length music video done in blender.

Like many others I almost never actually fully finish a song before moving on, so that last 10% will definitely be the hardest.

1 Like

Definitely feeling the urge to finish things after a year of learning and noodling so I’m in.

Kept getting bogged down with drums but since switching the AR out for the A4 I’m feeling productive again. A4 + Squid + Modular. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good thread @craig.

I haven’t released anything in years but I make a lot of music. I’m just stuck in a bygone era and don’t know how to go about releasing something non-physically. Is bandcamp the way to go for someone with zero social media (and no intention of getting any)?
I’m actively in three bands, semi regularly play with a few others, and have more disparate solo project monickers than I can keep track of. I just stopped recording anything a few years ago, maybe 2022 should be the year I get back at it. I used to release stuff all the time and this thread has me missing that.
I’ll commit to releasing something within the next year but I’m not sure what it will be yet.

6 Likes

Well, no one will listen to anything without being told about it and no platform is going to highlight you without there being some buzz about it beforehand. But that’s why I’m suggesting we share things here so we can get some ears on our releases. I’m off social media too. The main aim, however, is to get people to finish stuff and release it, come what may. That’s satisfying in itself.

5 Likes

Oh yeah I’m way too old to have any delusions about a release of mine becoming a sensation or anything. It’s just for fun.
I was just wondering if that’s a good platform compared to say SoundCloud or YouTube, et al since I don’t want to go down the instagram/ Facebook/ TikTok rabbit hole. No worries though as I don’t want to derail this thread.

2 Likes

Put it on Bandcamp because then people have the opportunity to buy it – you can set a price or get them to name their own. Then throw it on YouTube or whatever with links to your Bandcamp :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m in for this one too, I’m way due to get some stuff out there. I want to pay off all the tinkering and learning I did over the past year — time to focus on finishing ideas and sharing the progress.

1 Like

Now this is good peer pressure!

I’m game.

1 Like