Your airplane kit?

OP1 for sure, plus maybe a Kaoscillator.

This is what noise cancelling headphones were invented for. Cannot imagine flying long haul without them.

2 Likes

Is that person providing the noise cancelling headphones? I shouldn’t be required to have them just because someone else is inconciderate of others around them.
I should tell my neighbors to just get some noise cancelling headphones if my music volume is annoying them.

1 Like

Maybe they’d get lucky and there’d be a crying baby to drown out the clicky clacks buttons.

2 Likes

You ever been on a flight with someone who snores? With kids having a rough time of it? With a row of really obnoxious sales dudes backslapping at full volume for the flight? Seriously. If buttons bug you that much, it’s on you.

1 Like

I brought a 62 hp modular case and a digitakt. Pretty good combo.

1 Like

So you look like a terrorist going through security lol

They had absolutely nothing to say about my rack or patch cables, just waved it right through. All carry on as well.

If my 2000watts at 1am bothers you, its on you.

When I fly, its a shared space. Parents should control their kids and I shouldn’t be snoring.

1 Like

Yes, that’s absolutely equivalent. Hope we’re never on a flight together.

you’d love me on a flight…you wouldnt even notice I’m there.

I don’t think it’s enormously controversial to say that repetitive click clacks when you’re trying to relax would get pretty annoying. It annoys my girlfriend after 30 seconds, and she’s got the patience of… OK bad example

Not all buttons are the same… AR mk2 are typewriter loud

1 Like

It doesnt even have to make noise.
If its a dark flight and someone is next to you with a novation circuit, you cant be “well you should have brought an eyemask”.

Just use noise-cancelling headphones during flights. You can then even precisely hear some subtle sine waves at low volume.

1 Like

But that same person with a laptop out working on a presentation is totally fine, of course.

1 Like

This is the only way. But are there cabled noise cancelling headsets? I got my wife the Sony ones, they are Bluetooth. They come with an optional cable but I’m afraid you lose the noise cancellation features once you plug them in? I need to test this again properly, but only a few days ago we tried to use the cable on them and it stopped working right away :thinking:

Yes, many recent noise cancelling headphones work with analog cables as well. Pretty sure those Sonys allow ANC while using that cable… I actually bought a pair of WH-1000XM4 today, so will try this soon to make sure.

edit: here you go
https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm4/v1/en/contents/TP0002752734.html

Yes, there are wired versions - Bose do some wired noise cancelling cans. I think the top of the range is now wireless only, but the quiet comfort 35ii (if I remember correctly) have both options.

We have those too but the version with a 3

It’s the same on the XM3, from what I can tell!

1 Like