What's your TECHNO setup

That cat looks INTENSE

Nice poster BTW…. the Animals tour was my first concert, parents took me when I was 3y/o. Still remember the pig…

3 Likes

Just had a “WTF is a year per octave?!” moment that makes me question my priorities

5 Likes

Yeah, the MIO4 can only do simply remapping and filtering out messages, maybe the MIO XL can do more stuff?
Anyways, @rob_lee Is there anything you’re currently missing in your setup?
If you’d plug all your gear into it’s on In or In and Out port on the MIO XL, it might improve midi stability (you can disable all midi messages that you don’t need, disable active sensing which should improve midi bandwith - it’s all described in the manual), but if everything is working fine the way it is…

Absolutely! The Mk2s got some nice additional functionality, the CV input can even be used for ducking sounds, all in all seems like a solid update, but there’s something special about the Mk1s…Don’t think I could ever sell mine.

1 Like

Interesting setup. I like the suitcase.
Any links to music made with this setup ?

How do you duck sounds using the CVs?

You can run a trigger or even a kick into the cv input and simply use it to modulate parameters like amp, filter cutoff, envelopes etc.

You can also use an envelope from the cv output on the A4Mk2 and run it back into the cv input.

5 Likes

@Schnork I think I have plenty in my setup now although I did mention I may get a DSI Tetra early in 2022.
I was looking for a 3 OSC desktop synth and well I think the Tetra will do just fine. I have a nice little setup centred around the MPCX.
So it will be…

• Akai MPCX
  • Yamaha RM1x
  • TD-3 BK
  • TD-3 BU
  • MS-1 BU
  • KORG NTS-1
  • DSI Mopho Desktop

To be added:

• RD-9 estimated 13/12/2021
  • DSI Tetra - add 2022

Above doesn’t include mixers/fx or audio intefaces/monitors

Rob

3 Likes

Digitakt/ Ableton live all i need.

3 Likes

Nothing online yet, will try and remedy that!

Current Live setup. Seems like it should be fun;)

11 Likes

That little LXR drum machine looks very cool. :+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely loving mine. Definitely recommended.

1 Like

Is that a JMT noisy mic? Always been interested in those, how is it?

2 Likes

Saturday’s setup :

(edit, uploaded a better pic)

Had a lot of fun, first gig in a club.

32 Likes

just got it on friday but already loving it. Not as great as the machinedrum… but maybe third favorite all time machine. So very versatile.

It’s the V2 version. Quite nice. Haven’t used the CV to sync it(and may never) but it’s really cool… if you are looking for that very distorted sound… I am sure I could get the same sort of effect with a cheap mic and crap ton of plug-ins but where is the fun in that!.. plus no knobs to twirl lol

1 Like

quite the setup to take out!

Yeah I wanted o downsize to 6u for live sets but the gig was in Paris so really no big deal to haul this (the mixer was from the venue). But the plan is definitely to go 6u in the future; and the Octatrack definitely allows that.

1 Like

Curious to see what selection you’ll put in your 6U; as I’m currently also working with a 6U + OT.

1 Like

12 Likes