What's your TECHNO setup

That’s what I thought :wink:

9 Likes

I prefer the look of the MK1’s you git there over the newer MKII’s :+1:

1 Like

This thread was perfect timing! Checked my local Craigslist and someone just posted one today because it stopped working on their Windows setup:) €20! Hell’s yeas

8 Likes

I’m wondering if a setup only made of a Digitone and an Analog 4 would be fun for playing minimalistic techno (not minimal, more in a sense that there are only a few elements). I read somewhere that the A4 had great drum sounds, I don’t think I’m in love with those I get with the DN (always a bit metallicky for my taste). I guess I’m attracted to the pure synthesis focus this setup would provide.

Has anyone tried that? For the A4 users around here, do you often use it for drums?

3 Likes

All of the time, usually 2 tracks doing drums and 2 synth sounds, it’s great for making drum sounds as it had loads of modulators available to all tracks.

I’ll try post examples, my laptop is hanging together by wires at home so I’ll try stick the octa in my bag after work, it’s all braindead dark techno though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me too. At least 2 drum tracks. I love kicks and hihats from the A4. So organic to me.

1 Like

MM2 goes to A4 ext inputs
A4 into digitakt
Powerbank powers all three
For now I’m keeping things simple: A4 is on mono synth duties, MM2 on poly stuff. And drums come from digitakt.

Simple and flexible setup. I need to do nicer cabling and cut room for the headphones, but apart from that I’m happy

12 Likes

Done a few bad ass kick drums, and someone mentioned it can be a rally awesome drum machine. I bet you can get a lot out of it through smart p locking.
And with its AM modulation you can get very interesting and organic sounds.
Not to mention the performance knob!

Dann, now I want to start making music :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So in an essence I would say it can be a lot of fun :+1:

:skull: :smiling_imp: :alien: :rotating_light:

9 Likes

Well I can’t really say it’s a setup yet (see pics) :roll_eyes: had to move everything in to the little space I have in this room and will unpack it all through the week. But tonight it’s :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

My half unboxed setup :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh and there should be an RD-9 there but the delivery date has been put back to 13th December. I do have Drumstation etc boxed somewhere there tho for decent drums.

2 Likes

Recorded another jam with OT, AR, Shruthi XT and H9. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lovely setup I prefer the MK1 Elektrons over the newer ones. :+1:

4 Likes

Same here. I prefer the look and the form factor of the MK1’s. I don’t need much more than these two great machines for my techno setup:

17 Likes

+1, always preferred mk1 size & detailing

2 Likes

:skull:

audio from my latest setup //
tb03 --> MXR distortion+ --> erica synths acid box III --> dirtywave M8

9 Likes

So Iv’e started unpacking some gear today and moved the rack in below see pic

Now here’s my problem. Earlier in 2021 in put the iConnectivity in the rack but Iv’e absolutely no idea how I’ll use it, anyone own one here? Should I use this to plug in all my synths? I’m asking because I own the AKAI MPCX so do I really need the MIO XL?

My thinking was either.

1 - Connect all my synths to the MIO XL and then the MIO usb to the MPCX
0r
2 - Connect my Yamaha 01v96i to the MPCX

So here’s my gear how would you set this up?

Synths

• Akai MPCX
  • Yamaha RM1x
  • DSI Mopho
  • TD-3 x2
  • MS-1
  • Drumstaion rack
  • Bass Station rack
  • RD-9 (on order)
  • DSI Tetra (add early 2022)

FX

See rack pic

I think I have my perfect Techno setup with this gear. I’ll be using my sample collection for stabs and pads etc triggered from the MPCX it’s just a question of where will this MIO XL fit in if I already have the AKAI?

Thanks for any advice in advance

3 Likes

I use my MIO4 mostly as midi interface for my daw, so I can access all the important instruments through their own midi port and don’t have to work with a chain of midi gear.
I use the MIO4 to route midi from OT to all other ports and from AK to OT. So without the computer, the MIO simply handles midi routing
I also make use of the midi filters, filtering some unnessecery midi messages out to improve midi flow.

You can also plug class compliant usb midi controllers into the MIO, it does midi over network and all sorts of stuff…the routing and midi filtering capabilities are neat, you can route any input to any output and even filter out certain channels or midi messages.

3 Likes

And also use it as midi processor :wink: