What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Sounds good. I’m also new to modular - and currently looking at quantisers. Leaning towards Pico Quant (cheap and small), but also considering the Scales (two tracks and manually assignable) or a multifunction module like a (u)O&C (well, multifunctional). Curious how you’ll like it!

1 Like

Scales was the first quantizer I had my eye on because I wanted to avoid screens in going modular, but uO&C kept coming up when researching and then came the matter of availability, so I found one available on Etsy and went for it.

Quantized scales are set and forget for me, so I’m hoping the uO&C way will be tolerable, but I would think you can’t beat having keyboard buttons right there on the module. I’ll let you know how it goes!

1 Like

Keep us posted if you enjoy it in the end or not!

Ditto @AdamJay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Swapping around my rack to fit this bad boy in, so I ordered a WMD Time Warp and MI kinks for acid slide and random/noise.

14 Likes

Got myself a couple of cheapo desktop stands from Thomann. They’re about €29 each. Surprisingly sturdy and fits the virus well

25 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Do you have a link, this seems like a perfect solution to me too.
edit: Roadworx and extension ?

yeah that’s the one. very cheap lol

i might need something to raise the rack so i can tuck the OT below

2 Likes

Great, thank you.
I’m on a solution based on my two-year-old daughter’s
wooden building block … It’s not fantastic.

3 Likes

well, not breakcore haha, but this is my first rytm
track…pretty fun haha!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfhQ8Fhjm0/?igshid=18iuj3kp0phrm

Finally received this morning a brilliant record order (in Belgium), + -65 euros with 11 euros for transport, but 4 very good records, not a problem! On the other hand the 40 euros of customs …
Thanks to protectionism, thanks to those who voted Brexit.
Sorry for the English artists and stores but it’s over between us …
I don’t even know where to buy my records in the future.
A very bad Saturday.

6 Likes

So funny ! I use them too !

1 Like

It’s ridiculous. It’s just as bad (or worse) for us buying from abroad too.
We were all lied to, but sadly too many fell for the lies, now we all have to enjoy the consequences.

At least our government have handled the pandemic well… oh. :disappointed:

1 Like

After a year without live, drop in sales abroad, the brexit auras may be the skin of IDM artists.
No doubt the secret project, autechre was starting to irritate too many powerful with their uncontrollable rhythms and demonic melodies.

Mic’in up my wife’s piano tonight/tomorrow and use the MI Beads as an end of chain effect. Because, can do!
:smiley:

13 Likes

Nice! Would be awesome to hear what comes out! No pressure tho. :slightly_smiling_face:

Beautiful piano!

1 Like

True. Just a few weeks back I was gleefully adding records to the cart on bleep (they had some sort of sale), and then turned out they stopped shipping outside uk for the time being because of the whole tax thing

And last week I was doing usual bi yearly bisto stock up on Amazon uk, turned out I had to pay €40 extra… wtf

1 Like

my latest

planning to make beats and sample packs with this…already having fun but so much more to learn!

32 Likes

Ooh - you went for a mk2, good choice.

1 Like