Stands?

I don’t have particular problem with neck strain (not saying it never happens). I sit 3/4ths of the time while programming/writing. For sitting the angle is nice, standing I’m 100% bending my next to see the RD8, but my work space is an old folding table like you’d get out to seat company for dinner so it is a sitting height to begin with.

I have my Monostation and TD3 on a pair of these guys (picture below) and they are much easier to see and reach while standing. Width wise I’m not sure it would accommodate an AR or Octa.

1 Like

If you can, building your own is quite rewarding. A 20° angle is a good start.

3 Likes

I have no experience woodworking. But if there is a cool, informative video I will consider it.

1 Like

There were some endcheek stands that had fold-out / flip-out feet that I’ve seen for mk1’s and OT. Last time I checked, they weren’t in production or maybe just not shipping. I know I’ve seen them on here. I’ll keep trying to dig up the info. In the meantime, check out kvgear.com. They have single and dual-tier options.

1 Like

https://futurebeatmusic.com/product/elektron-desktop-stand-analog-rytm-octatrack-analog-four-monomachine-machinedrum/

I have one of these for my OT mkII and I love it, Will work with the A4/AR MKI’s

Exists in pack of 2 with booster for the one behind

Found by @closencounters …very nice find

And some others solution here…

4 Likes

I use three Fonic stands for an AR, AF and OT. Feels quite sturdy and fits my rack very nice…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLHmveVDzvS/

1 Like

I’m in the US. A lot of these manufacturers seem to be UK or Germany and I might as well just buy from here haha. Save in shipping and all that

1 Like

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MDS100--ultimate-support-mds-100-modular-desktop-stand

Very similar to the Roadworx.

Pricier.

1 Like

I would like to find a stand for OT that is collapsible.
Have you seen any?
Seems quite simple to make - unfortunately i don’t have ny tools here.

I also saw ears that just elevate the top corners of a box but can’t find the post anymore.

I don’t find very handy to fit these big pieces in a travel backpack.

Possibly this one?

!

Built as a proof of concept but I never sold any. Pretty easy to make.

4 Likes

That’s not the type i meant when i said ears. It is a bit hard to describe, if only i could draw…

It is still a bit massive for me, i am really looking for the lightest and smallest way to angle an OT. Imagine you have to carry it on your back along with OT, cables, adapters, pedals, batteries, guitar, more cables, a toothbrush and some clothes :wink:

This is hard even for laptops, which are much more ubiquitous. I have some plastic laptop stands from 15-20 years ago which are handy for travel and even moving about the house but the manufacturer is gone and I can’t find anything similar any more. My guess is that you’re going to have to improvise something.

Here is something similar to the modular stand above, but in the US.

Even uses two mk1 boxes for demonstration.

2 Likes

It’s hard to beat Fraction Industries stands. Had their double DT/DN stand which was fantastic, and the single Mk1 stand works great as well. Raised just enough to route cables out of whatever is in front of it.

They also make a double Mk1 stacked stand that looks like a tank.

Edit: they’re apparently closing their business… still some stands on their Reverb site tho (not the Mk1 double however)

Do you have any picture?

I’ve been looking for nice stands for a long time, too. I don’t have the gear or woodworking chops to do it myself. A two tier vertical stand would be ideal – that KV Gear one looks very nice. One day.

In the meantime, for $2 the little white Ikea stands are hard to beat. I use the larger black one for the TR8S and two small white ones for the two Elektron boxes. The angle works pretty well for sitting at a desk in my experience, but they do move around a little bit. Just cheap plastic ya know.

I didn’t mean you could use what I have for an OT! I was drawing an analogy with a much more common kind of machine for which there still are really no good travel solutions. (But if you still want photos, search on the Web for images of “Road Tools CoolPad”. Everything nowadays seems to be made of aluminum with USB fans inside…)

I have a machindrum and an octatrack in the 2-tier version of that:

I like it.

I use this collapsable stand for my Octa. I really like it. Angle is adjustable. €17.

Gonna get another one for me MD.

4 Likes