What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

I remember hearing the same thing about David Beckham. :upside_down_face:

(Disclaimer: This post is to compensate the times I’ll be NOT posting about my new purchases in 2022.)

1 Like

Who’s Calvin?

I think this is the guy.

12 Likes

The math doesn’t pencil out on this.

2 Likes

I hope you’re joking.

every 2 weeks i get 12 pairs unless i tick the box that says delay, and i work 10 days out of 2 weeks, so that leaves 2 pairs left over.

@Joebas, nope…not joking

you need me to start posting them in this thread because technically they are a latest purchase. i assume you would know the intent…

Man, no offense but that is seriously messed up and wasteful.

12 Likes

Obviously a shill for Big Cotton.

2 Likes

You do it yourself? I just have my butler take care of it.

T1 and the cycles. My intentions are to link it with my small bitbox modular and make sweet sweet music

11 Likes

aside: years ago, i learned to pack no more than maybe a few each of t-shirts, underwear, and socks. pack enough to get half way through a week + 1 so you can wash in the middle of the week. stores everywhere usually have small boxes of powdered or liquid laundry soap you can use in the sink or a bucket wherever you are. when visiting relatives, i’ll just do laundry at their house half way through or whenever needed.

1 Like

Package from Greece arrived with Greece content arrived today.
First Dreadbox synth. Really excited.

Have been selling a bunch of things that haven’t been used. Funding wasn’t really needed, but it’s always nice to make space.

The Nyx2 won the YouTube research battle against the 0-coast.

17 Likes

New draws aren’t clean though! There’s heaps of toxins in clothes when they’re new… a wash pair of old draws are “fresher” then new ones…

3 Likes

Its a non issue when you go commando. What I save in draws get applied to socks.

Edit: we should probably make a new thread if we are to debate “Sock Etiquette”
(apparently this is a thing with y’all :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

I’ve tried hard this Christmas and Black Friday to not buy more software that I won’t use but I couldn’t resist a couple of bargains that fill a gap so today I grabbed AAS multiphonics modular synth and Kilohearts Phase Plant.

There are loads of eurorack emulations but I actually like the AAS approach of a “closed” ecosystem with limited classic modules and some AAS specialities like the object filter which can make acoustic sounding tones. It’s easy to use and has a clean, standardised interface. I don’t need 100s of modules that all have different designs and that may not get maintained with an open ecosystem. Plenty of fun with the basics.

Phase Plant is a brilliant “workhorse” synth and the interface design is top notch. I got the base version as I really don’t need all the add-on FX. The basic oscillators, filters and distortions etc sound great and the factory sounds are excellent and cover loads of ground. It also does audio-rate modulation and has masses of included samples and wavetables. The modulation system is very flexible too.

Intention - sound design!

Happy Christmas to me!

My final purchases of the year should arrive soon: a stand for my Make Noise Shared System, Intellijel 1u DVCA for my 7u case and the Divkid 0chd octal LFO and Endorphin.es Airstreamer modules. Then I have my 4u/7u travel modular cases ready for live events after covid ends.

2 Likes

To sync DFAM with Digitakt.

8 Likes

The Kenton boxes are great! Some others have kept up and maybe just barely surpassed in recent years. However, until just recently, the only ones that could do anything like them were the big Encore boxes, which are scarce. Having 16 bit conversion for CV is so nice. (Incidentally the Elektron A4 is among the top still as well.)

Good choice!

4 Likes

Found myself a cheap original Bass Station keyboard in nice condition. If all works well this will complete my minimalistic setup for 2022 along with DN and M:C - stay tuned!

Edit: Two days of playing around later I realised the BS has some kind of EPROM issue and does not retain its settings under certain circumstances. Will have to return it.
Too bad, I really liked the sound… :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

cool one of my fav bands KMFDM uses a Bass Station for their industrial bass sound.