What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Or we’ll see him rollin’ in his Peugot ayay with Hypnotoad bumpin’ on the Pulsar ayay

5 Likes

Jesus, every time I see it in the context of other things Perkons is so much bigger than I expect.

2 Likes

It is huge. Probably unnecessarily huge. It was a shock when I received it. My initial thought opening the box was to ship it back. Then I started playing with it and felt I just had to make room for it.

2 Likes

wow it is huuge! looks like a lot of fun. I want to try the Perkons and LXR02 its smaller sibling. Maybe next year I will visit some synth shops in so cal to try them out.

Traded my A4m2 for something more useful for myself, a red rocket of sorts. Have previously had a Lead 1 and that was amazing so no doubt that this will be at least two better.

21 Likes

(props for that reference :space_invader: )

1 Like

imo best interface on any hardware synth ever. mapping things to velocity is so fast and simple. it’s a great great thing. sounds awesome too ofcourse… i like how the FM is implemented and the filters can really alter sounds in surprising ways

1 Like

My latest purchase:

My intention:

18 Likes

Very cool coffee setup. Does it take K-cups?

1 Like

Jeepers that’s pretty

I ordered a Novation BassStation II in a weak moment. No idea what I’m going to do with it. Bass comes to mind, but it seems it has quite a few uses. The first thing I’ll do is try to not give my little monologue an inferiority complex. I love my cheap, RED monologue. (I like red)

4 Likes

Keurig is worse than Behringer

12 Likes

DRM on coffee!!! Silliest thing I’ve ever seen!

Some friends and I figured out how to trick the sensor though in order to pirate coffee on one that we used to have in our office. Fortunately, I don’t have to use it much anymore.

(prefer French Press…)

4 Likes

the guy who invented the format of the little coffee cups that go into kuerig machines said he regrets it because of all the single use plastics that go into landfills.

3 Likes

Did he also apologize for dishwater masquerading as coffee?

5 Likes

that’s a different department but i’m sure they’re sorry for lot’s of things. at the annual “this coffee is the worst coffee ever Association” Convention they mill around with starbuck’s execs each trading stories of shame for making such horrible coffee available to the masses.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Circle K surprises us all with single serve machines that grind and pour a surprisingly good cup!

1 Like

Except that something strange is always afoot there.

8 Likes

So glad I am withdrawn from coffee. Clean for 6 months now. First 3 weeks were really bad. Now I am more awake during day and can maintain better sleep-sport-work cycle. No 5 o’clock down anymore.

But: to start a virtual war thread played out in the minds only: is it possible to have a good cup of coffee from any machine? (Humanoid robots who pour hot water over coffee dust are an exception). I mean tasting good? :sweat_smile::wink:

2 Likes

Does he? He could spend his (supposed) fortune for recycling projects, legal battles (like prohibition of advertising like in tobacco), education or reduce his reported feelings of guilt and remorse by investing in other causes good for humans and nature - like the perfect synth to end all synths. :nerd_face::sweat_smile::wink:

controversial statements

(or join the legal battles for removing copyright laws that punish creativity and enrich monopolists only - with disadvantage for artists and consumers)

1 Like

We have a lovely thread for coffee discussions :wink:

3 Likes