What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

hello! how are you recording this? do you have a piezo preamp?

Hey man. No need so far. DT seems a perfect match for it when hitting things. I have guitar amp sim pedals just in case but straight into DT via the mono 1/4ā€ jack on the other end of the cable works just fine and thereā€™s plenty of bass. Only Ā£35 too!

2 Likes

nice, Iā€™ve got some piezos around Iā€™m gonna do some experiments

1 Like

These look Soooo good. Iā€™d been trying to mod a mic I had here but itā€™s been crap.

1 Like

And that reminds me, the singer from cave in apparently joined quicksand, whoā€™se new album absolutely slaps

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t decide what I wanted or needed from a small analog synth for my live performance setup, so I got them all to compare and will resell the ones I donā€™t keep. Found a great deal on the SE-02 for 325ā‚¬ shipped, the AS-1 locally for 275ā‚¬ (!!), and the Tetra from @Lauli for 450ā‚¬ + shipping.

Hereā€™s my review of each after a few weeks: Desktop mono synth recommendations - #48 by fffiiissshhh

Long story short, the SE02 and AS1 sound incredible in different ways, and have very different UI philosophies, so much so that Iā€™m likely to keep both depending on my needs (e.g. if I want to do a more live-evolving-sound-design during a set, SE02; if I need to keep things simple, predesign patches for the AS-1 and use the mod strip a lot). The Tetraā€™s out - didnā€™t like the sound. Minitaur Iā€™ll probably keep for sentimental reasons.

While it might seem like overkill to keep three desktop monos, they cover pretty different territory, and added up all three cost me 1000ā‚¬ - still less than Iā€™d pay for a flagship mono like the Matriarch or Pro 3, and wayyy more portable:)

27 Likes

The Minitaur knobs look so damn tweakable!

6 Likes

It is.

3 Likes

Torso T1.
for improvised ambient :heart:

12 Likes

Use as a standalone Kick.
I sampled a few before mine bricked. Theyā€™re always used in my AR either alone or layered.

1 Like

Totally, have been watching the second hand market for ages for a steal at the right moment in time. Still no luck, will happen eventually.

2 Likes

Had to google this but it looks so cool. damn.

2 Likes

Same here. Now I want one.

Iā€™ll post some stuff when I get it goin.

also to note, subsequent to the loopop vid if youā€™ve seen it - his 2 complaints with the pre-release model have both been addressed. encoders now move in increments & usb-c was implemented :+1:

1 Like

Can it handle drummachines? Sorry no time to watch vids atm.

yep.

1 Like

Intention: have a laugh

19 Likes

I just saw the news, thatā€™s really cool! Brodsky keeping busy. Album is great indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks super interesting for sequencing this does. Iā€™d imagine pairing this with 0-coast or Nyx & Erebus (or all three).
Thereā€™s a thread here: Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Iā€™ve experimented a bit with iOS Fugue Machine too.
More unusual sequencing options please!

1 Like

Not sure if this is a violation of the parameters of this thread. Although I ā€œpurchasedā€ this last October it only arrived about 10 minutes ago!

Plan on gettinā€™ some grimey beats happening!

54 Likes