What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

How’s the Erae to use? Was thinking of maybe using it to pair up with a Hapax and then getting rid of my Keystep - I’m not a keys player so it makes more sense to me.
Perhaps it’s not necessary if I’ve got Hapax.
Man - I’m GASSY as hell this last few weeks :joy:

I’ve been wanting to pick up a medium format camera for a while and I found one today at a second hand electronics store.

27 Likes

So far so good- I haven’t really had a lot of time with it yet (pesky work) but it definitely functions extremely well as a surface to drum on, as a programable control surface and as a (flat) MPE board.

I have had both a Roli Seaward and a Sensel Morph- The Roli was the most sensitive to touch, but I found the small one unplayable really and the Sensel was fun (with different overlays), but not very sensitive to lower velocities and again, a bit too small. Neither had a display so you could customise on the device and for sensitivity I would say from first impressions almost as good as the Roli but without feeling like you are playing a marshmallow.

The Erae is plenty big enough…sensitivity is very adjustable from ‘I use heavy stick’ to quite a light touch, I have had no problems playing it, but playing any ‘flat’ surface is a bit weird so you just have to get used to it…having a surface you can put any controller on and then operate in X/Y and Z is pretty amazing…a different overlay for each synths! (up to 32 of them I think that can be switched from the hardware, as cane scales, midi channels etc.)

It laso has a Ableton ‘clip launcher’ and a sequencer but I haven’t tried those yet…given its just launched it could be a real winner especially if people start to make and share scrips, overlays, API etc. (there are a few for Serum and Pigments etc with pre-sets already)

I hope that helps- I will add more as I work it out!

1 Like

Thanks very much for your overview, that’s really appreciated. I’ll keep my eyes on it for now and see if I can be enticed any more - got an Analog Heat on the way so may need to wait a month before I get one on order :slight_smile:

They should offer you a franchise State side.
If you get tired of soldering here’s another option I found recently

1 Like

Got this to control the M. My Digitakt is on drum and sample duty now, and Grandma is handling analogery.

Selling the Hydra Deluxe, but may end up with one again if I change up my studio space some day. It’s such a nice synth to just sit down at and play.

The Digitone Keys is going to be the perfect controller/sequencer for the M though, and all that four part goodness from both is going to be fun.

Edit: Wow! That timing couldn’t have been better! The Digitone Keys ships, and then next day there’s a song mode waiting for its arrival! The synth god Gary is truly shining down on me today.

23 Likes

That’s definitely rich for my blood right now!

I have more than enough now. Everything from digital to analog, mono to para to poly, and drum machines galore :joy: Not to mention an extremely well upgraded monitoring system.

Let’s not even talk software.

Basically the sale of new music gear could be banned worldwide and I’d still have enough high end gear to explore for multiple lifetimes.

Now I just need to sell my house, buy one smaller and cheaper with cash. Then I’ll just lock myself in my studio for the majority of the rest of my life and I’ll finally be at peace :smiley:

6 Likes

My Hapax landed today.

It gonna replace my Pyramid/Launchpad Pro mk3/midihub combo (gone one month ago to fund it) and much more !

20 Likes

An dustcover for my Octatrack for two reasons:
(1) settle in stone that I am going to keep it and sell the rest (bye bye PT and nanoloop)
(2) accept that I am in a long journey and will have to let it just hang there with his dustcover.

4 Likes

Second hand mint condition Microfreak, still pending to update - vanilla for now :slight_smile:

The aim is to help on supplying sequences for live and studio work.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTY2OTA5Njg2ODU0NTQ5?story_media_id=2928433319060275796_12489424872&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Those are some test

Picked up some stands for BIM-BAM-BOUM on the cheap, and they’re working nicely so far.

10 Likes

What a day yesterday was, song mode for my DT/DN and their big brother turned up.

I’ve been messing around with a UNO synth for several months and have been really, pleased how it’s worked with the digi’s. The A4 is a ‘bit’ of a sledgehammer upgrade and I’m really hoping that I’ve not bitten off too much. Fortunately I got a good deal on it second hand so the risk is low. :grimacing:

18 Likes

Going to party like it’s 1989

45 Likes

That is so beautiful I want to print it out and tape it on my rack.

8 Likes

I recommend taping those legs down to the base. They can be such a pain in the ass to reposition if you jiggle the units lightly and the prong comes out of the hole. Especially with everything wired up. Mine are anyways, and I got sick of it.

1 Like

I’ve always been experimental, but I’m going to focus on some dance/techno stuff, Cirklon arrived on Wednesday after 4 years on the waiting list.

43 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Waouh ! Respect ! I was nearly out of patience after one month for my Hapax :sweat_smile:
Have fun with this great instrument !

2 Likes

Cool! My turn can’t be too far off…

1 Like

Finally got the midi brain delivered to use as the centre control piece for the studio and also bought an AH mk2 to warm up the mix. Looking forward to figuring out the basics this weekend :blush:

11 Likes