What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Just picked these up for a steal.
Not exactly what I wanted to get for my bday but I think I’ll have a good time until I decide to resell them!

8 Likes

Have joined the gang, had to happen some time

27 Likes

I tried to frame this pic so I looked like some sort of futuristic-cyborg-pig-monster… How’d I do? Helps if you squint.

Anyway, got these Audezes….

Intentions: Up my headphone mixing/mastering game I guess. They’re pretty phenomenal.

13 Likes

Sunday morning shopping for FX modules… coming Tuesday

Erica Synths Dual FX

4 Likes

a piece of software: TAL-drum (a sample-based drum plugin).
it’s just much better than its free counterparts.

4 Likes

Ordered this morning from Juno UK, delivery Tuesday

Got another 2 modules coming Tuesday as well…

• Erica Synths Bassline module
  • Erica Synths Dual FX
3 Likes

You. Are. Addicted. GASSSSSS

4 Likes

They certainly do phenomenal marketing; I just googled them and they describe them as “an affordable option for budget-conscious users” priced at 957 quid :open_mouth:

They are a upper/high end hifi headphones brand. I am honestly surprised to see them more and more on synth/music prod people ears for music production. I don’t know which model people like for mixing because the LCD-2 and LCD-3 were never either flat or monitoring headphones.

Besides that I love ortodynamic drivers in general but I am surprised to see Audeze here to be driven outside of the hifi world (or gamer world because they pushed in this direction too a few years ago). Especially without headphone amp, must be quiet on headphone out of most hardware.

I copied that line from their monitoring LCD-X model, which they claim are neutral.

Hahaha I remembered when the LCD-X got out, it seems there is multiple revision of it and I am out of the loop of hifi headphones trends and brands for t hee last five years. Maybe everthing changed and is new again ? :man_shrugging:

Yeah, seems like the latest revision is pretty different from the older ones, enough to where they probably should have changed the name.

Also, they’re 20 ohm, so amplification isn’t necessarily an issue.

Finally! A decent stand for the make noise trio!

Bit pricey, but seemed to skip and tax or duties on delivery :shushing_face:

https://2manysynths.nl/shop/make-noise-stand-and-or-synths/

24 Likes

Well I just received some new pads and headband for my old Sennheiser HD265’s which are over 20 years old now, so I am well out of the loop :slight_smile:

Also proof I’m cheating on my Octatrack with a shiny new MPC…

Once we get properly acquainted the intention is to try a threesome…

4 Likes

That’s ok, I mean, you’re keeping it, right? Right? :smiley:

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

I have no idea what you might be insinuating Antti!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, does it fuzz or is it more just a drive?

Intend to do to my AK knobby bits what @Aksdnt did
Custom gear - #28 by Aksdnt

6 Likes

I’ve never seen the color of those MPCs captured as it is in this photo. Those gold ones are… goooooolllllddddd. Need some sunglasses when you jam.

1 Like

Nice!