What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

that’s a different department but i’m sure they’re sorry for lot’s of things. at the annual “this coffee is the worst coffee ever Association” Convention they mill around with starbuck’s execs each trading stories of shame for making such horrible coffee available to the masses.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Circle K surprises us all with single serve machines that grind and pour a surprisingly good cup!

1 Like

Except that something strange is always afoot there.

8 Likes

So glad I am withdrawn from coffee. Clean for 6 months now. First 3 weeks were really bad. Now I am more awake during day and can maintain better sleep-sport-work cycle. No 5 o’clock down anymore.

But: to start a virtual war thread played out in the minds only: is it possible to have a good cup of coffee from any machine? (Humanoid robots who pour hot water over coffee dust are an exception). I mean tasting good? :sweat_smile::wink:

2 Likes

Does he? He could spend his (supposed) fortune for recycling projects, legal battles (like prohibition of advertising like in tobacco), education or reduce his reported feelings of guilt and remorse by investing in other causes good for humans and nature - like the perfect synth to end all synths. :nerd_face::sweat_smile::wink:

controversial statements

(or join the legal battles for removing copyright laws that punish creativity and enrich monopolists only - with disadvantage for artists and consumers)

1 Like

We have a lovely thread for coffee discussions :wink:

3 Likes

My new Mackie Onyx 16 just arrived

I look forward to exploring this over the weekend it’s very surprisingly light but feels well built

17 Likes

Would love to know how the sound quality is on this. Used to own the original FireWire model, and it was ok but I think the channel strips were slightly wooly sounding.

SecretLab chairs are awesome, I’ve had a Titan for years - but let me give you a warning and some advice if you want it to last: PLEASE get a plastic floor mat for your work space.

The reason I say this is because the material used for the seat combined with extra friction from the carpet will cause the chair to deteriorate REALLY fast as you roll the chair around, even just pushing yourself back from the desk. Had mine on hardwood for 2.5 years, not the slightest bit of wear to be seen - we moved into a different apartment where I had to set up on carpet, and the seat of the chair was completely trashed in a couple of months but only the seat itself, not the back or anything (this is pretty short carpet too).

Love the chair and enjoy it, just make it easy to roll around so it lasts!

1 Like

Oh wow. Thanks for the tip - better look into a mat then! Yes its nice and comfy - away on hols at moment so only put a few hours on it before i left :slight_smile:

I was at a circle K once and I saw the person working there taking the little bits of coffee left in all the different coffee pots and pouring them all into the one labeled ‘house blend’… soooo…. it sounds like they have upgraded from that method lol? Haven’t been in years since I moved.

4 Likes

The CK near me was just built a little over a year ago and these are the machines they use.

https://www.schaerer.com/us/coffee-machines/schaerer-coffee-art-c-schaerer-usa

My only complaint is that there’s no sequencer and only one LFO.

4 Likes

Rytm owners got this.

1 Like

moved to the Coffee Thread:

1 Like

Finally :wink:

This device is highly addictive. Since I can’t live without samples, I will use it together with my DT. If (as I fear) two sequencers are too complicated for me, I’ll use my M8 as sampling add-on for the ST. Let’s see.

30 Likes

I see this sentiment all over the place. Not sure where it comes from. I’m a million miles off being a power user but I run DT, DN and A4, genuinely not complicated or difficult, feels like a single machine spread over a few boxes (depending on your use case).

9 Likes

:thup:

IMG_1929
Shadow Wolf cyberzine issue 11 and Alpenmarmot: unheimliche Landschaftsgestaltung from Legowelt
Intentions: to read, to listen and to enjoy life

12 Likes

For me, this is just a guess at the moment. I think handling two or more projects (in terms of file handling and device settings) at the same time is quite an administrative act.

At the moment, I’m happy with the situation because I can use the skills I acquired with the DT directly on the ST. Normally when I get new gear, I listen to the presets first. The first thing I did with the Syntakt was to create a pattern. A good sign :wink:

1 Like

Yes, this is the downside. Setting everything up multiple times. The only shortcut that I was told is to setup a project to your liking and do a ‘save project as’… Saves a little bit of admin :slight_smile: