What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

How they put out that new 64 thing and called it an APC is beyond me. APC is all about faders and other hands on control.

1 Like

Soma Ether v2. Intensinos ; go out and have some noisy field recordings.

3 Likes

Nice! I have planned to make myself something similar. Didn’t know there was a finished product for sale. Might consider buying this too because most likely won’t have time to diy.

2 Likes

STG Post-Lawsuit Low-Pass Filter and Frequency Central Little Melody
Intentions: to make little melodies and filter them.

Just about to start my winter diy project building up an Oakley 5u modular.

12 Likes

Unintentionally bought a second AE Octatrack for a decent price and with no alcohol involved :slight_smile: Will use for 3 weeks since away from home to give me something to do, then decide to take it home and rock 2 in my setup or trade it lol.

Will whack my travel companion M8 thru it out of curiosity and use the knobs for M8, FX and scenes for now!

3 Likes

did you ever watch that Jon Wayne “2 Octatracks and a mixer” video from this thread? Pretty dope.

3 Likes

No not watched that one - will take a look! Thanks!

Just been reading old “dual Octatrack” threads lol

1 Like

Pair with Koala Sampler desktop version. Had been thinking about buying an old tablet just to get using Koala again, but realised I can use desktop version on my MacBook, just fine - but needed something to control it better as I can’t be dealing with qwerty keyboard for controlling anything.

3 Likes

Found this Suzuki QChord for the low low ($50) used. Really want an Omnichord but this will do in the meantime. Suzuki is re-releasing the OG any day now. Cool little chord-synth for easy always in tune lofi strumming. Will run through fx/pedals to expand the sound options.

8 Likes

Ordered Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X headphones to use primarily for vocal recordings.

They will replace my AKG K271 MKII’s that are presently used for the same purpose. The AKG K271 MKII’s sound a little too clinical for my preference and do not have the best sound isolation. The new headphones, based on my testing, are more suitable.

7 Likes

Extraordinary good price! Gratulations!

1 Like

Just picked up a copy of Sononym, the sample library analyser/browser/librarian software.

I have a lot of samples on my hard disk and there’s some great stuff in there but my various DAWs and plugins don’t always make it easy to navigate. I trialled an old version some time ago but it didn’t work well with my M1 Mac. Well, the just-released version 1.5 has native Apple Silicon support and it’s much, much faster and the sample preview is snappy now. Very easy to filter all those sampels to find the best bits.

I’m amazed at how well it manages to categorise the samples e.g. “breaks and smashes”, “nature and atmospheric”, “explosions and shots”, “metal hits”, “pads and textures” to name a few, and of course many drum categories like kicks, snares, claps, cymbals etc.

It has a 30-day trial and it’s coming on sale at the end of the month so it’s a great time to give it a spin.

4 Likes

Soma ether v2, befaco duster and a cover for A4.

5 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to have a look at this one. If it works how I hope it’ll save me a lot of manual labor.

1 Like

The Zoom R4 just arrived. It is a little bit bigger than the H2s. The plastic is textured rather than smooth, which I like. What I don’t like is that it rings if you tap it, reminding me of the old H4. However, this is a multitrack recorder with a token microphone, so it really shouldn’t be judged on self noise.

Plans: do some basic multitracking and layering and no input mixing, all in 32 bit. Without a computer.

I’m not quite done building the stand for the 828mk3. This version will probably stay white. I have another version that will be black with gold accents, still a few more days of painting left.

7 Likes

So no rubber texture on the R4 huh? Hopefully zoom learned their lesson.

3 Likes

Bought a Warm Audio WA-CX12 tube microphone while they’re on sale this month. It is based on the AKG C12, which was an extremely versatile microphone in its own right. The WA-CX12 will primarily be used for vocals and should be a nice addition to my microphone locker.

This is my fourth Warm Audio microphone purchase over the past couple months. The WA-47, WA-67, and WA-87 R2 truly impressed me. If the WA-251 and WA-8000 go on sale soon, I might add them as well.

5 Likes

Congrats on the M8! Did you already get to play around with it yet, and have you joined the discord???

1 Like

AE Octatrack in the house. Unplanned purchase whilst away visiting sick family member - popped up for a decent price on eBay so couldnt resist. Not sure wether to trade when time to fly back home or run into my other AE Octatrack with my Monomachine / Machinedrum and M8 in the Inputs lol

Second purchase was a gamble on the Yamaha low latency wireless (4ms) headphones. Hate being cabled etc. they get mixed reviews with some people complaining about interference etc but so far so good but only a few hours in.

20 Likes

27 Likes