What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

encountered Codex Seraphinianus (the weirdest book ever) for sweet price and ordered it.
intention: new year gift for myself.

16 Likes

Tiny beast

Not my first muff, but this is even better than the Russian green I sold and have regretted ever since…nice on the cue out of the OT sent back on on a thru and filtered to taste

4 Likes

100%, got that stand on wheels (On-Stage MIX-400 V2) a few days ago to use it anywhere around the house. Perfect to record / loop guitar straight out of the pedalboard whenever an idea pop up.

Only need a MIDI foot controller now, but the good ones are either shipped from across the globe with bad custom and shipping fees, or just out of stock and nowhere to be found (Morningstar MC8 for instance).

10 Likes

that retro is so damn pretty

3 Likes

Yeah it’s really that color that triggered the purchase of one of those new MPCs in the first place. Was looking for a while but this model does look nice. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wanted one of these for ages:

Intentions: delicious drums n drones

17 Likes

I have the same stand and use it for a tascam model 16 - which is far larger and heavier than I thought it would be. The stand makes it portable for dragging around the studio for jams or as a multitrack interface.

Wish it were prettier - don’t love the 2000s computer chair aesthetic, but who cares, it’s a sturdy and useful investment:)

1 Like

Yeah it’s basic but does the job pretty well. I cover it with a sheet when not using, to keep from dust and not care not much about it’s ugly look. :grin:

1 Like

I found a minty APC 40 mkii locally on FB marketplace. I got it to use with Push 3. Loving it so far.
Worth it for the one button mutes and faders alone.

10 Likes

Yeah, if I could switch to that color I would do it in a heartbeat. :heart_eyes:

He didn’t deserve it…

1 Like

also used by Autechre.

New rule?

Name that gear if it isn’t obvious. Some of this stuff looks so damn tasty and I have no clue what it is. Especially the knobby things.

Please :pray:t4:.

1 Like

Interesting. Not that I’m a fan to be honest but good to know all the same, very few mention it. Must be one of the last hardware rack samplers.

If you were interested in @spikysimon’s knobby machine, it’s one of these:

01/IV – The Division Department

3 Likes
1 Like

yeah somehow I remember reading the article (20 years ago!) and that sampler standing out. had to google for the list:

1 Like

Ah sorry yeah I should have said what it was :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries. Def looks super sweet. Reading up on it now.

1 Like

Torso T-1 arrived today. Intent is to plug it into things.

My wife (a drummer) and I are talking about our days at dinner:

me: also I got a new black box with knobs and pads.
her: but does it have a lot of lights?
me: yes.
her: good.

15 Likes