What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Hard wheels are perfect for powersliding down hills, try doing that in softer wheels. Literally did that last week and lost a whole chunk of wheel in the process …

Happy to.
Been sliding on soft wheels for decades.

Not my vid, but thats an 82a wheel.

They’re putting their hands on the ground that’s cheating !

75a

1 Like

At that point its almost like snowboarding :heart_eyes:.

Folks, no doubt you are aware there is a skateboarding topic , probably best to continue this evolving conversation there …

also probably more relevant to post future (skateboarding related) latest purchases there too … ta

14 Likes

Such an outstanding looking synth, one of the best.

1 Like

I did too since 84 to 96. And ya, black DOES do shit to the urethane…it makes it softer. White is hardest.

So if you want SOFT, go black. Just don’t expect them to last as long. I LOVED black cross-bones. Best wheels of all time.

101a does exist [at least graphically :wink: ]
Powell is actually claiming 103 and 104a

https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-rodriguez-skull-and-sword-pf-skateboard-wheels-56mm-103a-4pk

@chuchu I always preferred 90-95a for hill sliding. Cross Bones blue. Good all round wheel

Oh shit…I thought this WAS the skate threat I was replying to. Sorry. :+1:t6:

Edit: Perhaps move all follow ups to OP, to skate? :grimacing:

2 Likes

this is impossible with big topics these days - the server times out and we could spend 10 minutes trying

All the more important to remember to keep ourselves on topic, which i guess this isn’t (but is)

But, tidy going fwd peeps … plz and thanks

4 Likes

Infiltrator 2 is so amazing. How’s the rest of the suite?

I think it’s important to realize that we are being so prolix as to strain the infrastructure, let alone the time and patience of the mods. A little distributed self-policing is clearly in order! I promise to do better.

7 Likes

What?: Korg SQ64
Whatfor?: playmate for the Edge

Moog did a great job to prank Behringer this time to include so many quirks in the DFAM and Behringer fell for it and copied them all.

• No reset for the built in the sequencer (straight 8step sequences only)
  • No skip step or reverse sequence
  • No modulation insert points for important parameters like resonance and pitch envelope
    etc.

The SQ64 turned out to be quite useful. It could profit from fine-tuning pitches or free tuning (workaround: modulation lane) and software LFO for the modulation. But polymeter features, live transpose etc. are nice. The USB-B port is strange. If you can make it crash, if not set properly, by turning up the brightness…

Overall, it did not turn out as I had imagined, but there are some nice FM sounds, and short sequences in it. I uploaded the whole process for some reason, maybe I wanted to demonstrate how much time it consumes to find satisfying sequences; it’s part of the process I assume.

Definitely no single handedly achieved success. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awwww yeah

1 Like

Very excited for my Mac Mini M2 to arrive tomorrow! It’ll be my main work from home computer and I am excited to do some creative things with it as well.

I could write many things about the Surface Laptop 3 that this will replace but instead I will just leave it at – I’m sincerely looking forward to kicking it to the curb.

4 Likes

Got an OT for a decent price B-stock. This is my second one. Sold the first because I was too overwhelmed by it. I’ve had a Syntakt for a year now and after playing with the new OT for half an hour it just clicks so much more. Guess the Syntakt was just the right place for me to start my Elektron journey.

28 Likes

I have one, love it.

Hand made, custom size hard case for my Korg Monologue + guitar stomp boxes.

Brazilian made by Somcase.

Really tempted to get a duo one for the Models :grimacing:

8 Likes

A rugged box to transport my modular …

20 Likes

IMG_6716

Bought to add to my holiday scratch pad OP-Z (thanks for the GAS cuckoo)

3 Likes