What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

use it the same way

New schtrop - bagged it off Craigslist. Who in their right mind would part with a fuzzy snow leopard print guitar schtrop?!!!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had this for a few weeks now. Havenā€™t had a lot of time to fiddle with it (took four classes this summer). I want to link it up with the Microfreak and see what happens.

7 Likes

78a :+1:t6:

I want 50-45mm 80a but i donā€™t they make smaller wheels soft anymore.

Bones filmers go down to 54mm 80a.
Krooked zip zingers also.

If you hunt flea bay you might find old 70s pre 608 bearing wheels. Those were 45mm diameter, very wide and very soft.

My brother got me a copy!

7 Likes

Iā€™m loyal to Powell :relaxed:
Since day one :call_me_hand:t6:

Itā€™s fantastic! I got both vinyl and CD versions.

3 Likes

Nice!!!

Going to give it a listen tonight!

Upgraded from Infiltrator2 to Devious Machines complete bundle. Intention to go nuts on sound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ordered a Korg SV-2 88-key stage piano as an alternative to a Kawai MP7SE in my main studio. It will primarily be used for R&B songwriting and music production.

9 Likes

Played one of these in store. It sounds really good, and that Nu-Tube actually adds a little character to it.

1 Like

Always loved the sound and styling of these, should pair rather nicely with the Kawai.

1 Like

I tried putting 55mm 101a wheels on my cruiser for learning tricks, but I hate them from cruising which is what I do 90% of the time. Theyā€™re so LOUD and slow Iā€™m embarrassed when slowly passing people walking in the same direction going KRRRSSSSCCHHHHHHH.

Compared to the cruiser wheels that are big and soft and go fast and sound like SSHHHHHH

1 Like

Personally small hard wheels have one purpose only = skatepark.

For everything else, soft wheels.

1 Like

Ya 101a is the hardest. You want squishies for cruisinā€™ 80a. They arenā€™t as fast. But they smoooove. And if you can find them in black, black is even softer. 80a black :+1:t6:

90a is good too. But I love 80a. Soft wheels tend to be bigger mm. They used to make Street Bones soft and small. Freestyle wheels were even smaller, I used to live those before small wheels became a thing. But smaller diameter tho = less speed.

Again 80a, black if you can find em.

These are kinda big.

1 Like

Personally I 100% stay away from black wheels.
I used to work in the skate industry, colours do weird things to urethane, black being the worst.

All thanes are not equal, its not as easy as going right, 80a duro is the one for me.

Also you can get harder than 100a (101 doesnt exist) you just use the D scale instead of the A scale.

That said, Powell snakes 66mm are brillant wheels, thought I would get white or green. In that order. It might say 75a, but they dont feel like it. They feel more like 80 a. I have a set of the earlier 82a ones, they feel like a 90a wheel. But are much faster and smoother over rough surface.

3 Likes

Oxi One Sequencer. My goal is to habe a central Hub to sketch ideas without turning on the Computer.

7 Likes

I have 58mm 87a wheels that came with my cruiser, but theyā€™re big enough that I feel I need risers, too hard so theyā€™re loud, but too soft to practice reverts and stuff, and too small to roll fast. I also bought an old Landyachtz Dinghy, which came with wide 63mm 78a wheels. Really happy with that one, but no way Iā€™m gonna use it to learn tricks. The wheels are too wide to put on my cruiser board though, Iā€™ve caught my heel on them a few times =P

Picked up a mint UDO Super 6 (DT) for Ā£1350, which I thought was a good deal. I had a few USB connection issues at first but thatā€™s all sorted. My aim is to strip back a few things, and get a more streamlined workflow. Looking forward to getting my head into it. Iā€™ve been after one of these since the day they came out.

42 Likes