What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

I’ll post some stuff when I get it goin.

also to note, subsequent to the loopop vid if you’ve seen it - his 2 complaints with the pre-release model have both been addressed. encoders now move in increments & usb-c was implemented :+1:

1 Like

Can it handle drummachines? Sorry no time to watch vids atm.

yep.

1 Like

Intention: have a laugh

19 Likes

I just saw the news, that’s really cool! Brodsky keeping busy. Album is great indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks super interesting for sequencing this does. I’d imagine pairing this with 0-coast or Nyx & Erebus (or all three).
There’s a thread here: Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

I’ve experimented a bit with iOS Fugue Machine too.
More unusual sequencing options please!

1 Like

Not sure if this is a violation of the parameters of this thread. Although I “purchased” this last October it only arrived about 10 minutes ago!

Plan on gettin’ some grimey beats happening!

54 Likes

Neo-Soul Exercise bundle and Sound Like the Greats: Hip Hop and R&B Edition from Noah Kellman’s store:

Intention: Develop competence in neo-soul stylings on keys, so I can parod- I mean deconstruct, mangle, or whatever… lo-fi hip hop music

4 Likes

The clock on that thing is weird.

Edit: I just bought a used Model:Samples on my local eBay clone.

I’ve been bemoaning an earlier sale that had it marked down to $250-ish and then I saw this in the Bitwig thread and had to pounce.

So glad that I found this. Makes editing on the Pulse 2 much more fun!
Intent: twerk, explore, experiment

1 Like

How so? I don’t like clocks where I can’t tell what the setting is (looking at you, Launchkey Mini), but I’m not going to use it to clock anything but itself, and that only in very simple situations. It seems to take a sync pulse from Pam’s well, even one that isn’t regular, so I can get it to stutter by sending it a Euclidean rhythm.

Currently only makes VERY ambient sounds.

Intention - remortgage my house and then make some generative music.

21 Likes

Then you’re fine.
It just runs at 4x speed whenever I connect it to a midi clock. Only my BeatStep pro has settings available to work with the Korg SQ-1.

My third 1701 and 4 new cassettes. I will be able to monitor all of the sources and the end product in my video synth setup from now on. Its also always good to know that there are some spare cassettes as most of my stuff goes either onto or through cassettes anyways. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Got myself an Omnichord OM-36 :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Let’s see it!

(the video synthesis)

1 Like

I’m in the middle of a project that is not ready yet and that has taken up most of my time regarding video synthesis but here you can find some older clips and whatnot. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqDXVb5JF6UmS_Bew3BNxAw

3 Likes

Plaits and Scales came yesterday, as did my Mac Mini M1 (a couple weeks earlier than expected).

Only tried putting together a basic track in Ableton 11 but just 1% was added to the CPU meter (16gb ram, 48k audio from Babyface Pro, 128 sample buffer).

Scales was the quantizer I originally wanted for 0-ctrl and I’m glad I pulled the trigger when I did because I saw it was sold out again a couple days later. It’s so much better than the uo_C quantizer I have been using. It saves its current state upon power down, which is huge for me, and selecting the notes I want included/excluded via lit up buttons is great. It also shows the note it’s currently quantizing to, and the second 1v/oct and trigger outputs save me from using my buffered mult for some things.

Plaits is of course the fun thing, and so far I’m loving it. I’m planning on building a 104hp case around it + Beads, using my semi-modulars to occasionally bring in some extra flavor. I have the new quad VCA from Noise Engineering on the way, as well as their quad attenuator and line output modules. I’m also very excited to have a Joranalogue Contour 1 coming, which will be my primary function generator. Very curious to hear how it sounds as an oscillator.

Now I just need to figure out what filter I want (and if I can obtain it) and for the ALM 6U 54hp case I want to be available. Anyway, yesterday was basically Christmas.

16 Likes

That’s super awesome. Are you able to get it to interact with incoming audio?

2 Likes