What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Well that would really be magic! :laughing:

I’m still learning the A4 but I couldn’t resist to this mini. Intentions have fun and learn how to play it and sequence it with A4 Could be an introduction to the modular world

13 Likes

Ordered a couple of my tracks to be lathe-cut onto vinyl. So in a few weeks, we’ll see if the process is conducive to my work. :smiley: I always keep low frequencies panned center, high-pass any imaging effects, and don’t push the full spectrum out too far, so with any luck these should sound pretty good on it. Kind of excited to see how it goes. Just did a white label this time, but will have to do some artwork next time if all goes well. So, no pic this time. :smiley:

12 Likes

New arrival today from JUNO UK good price £186

ERICA SYNTHS DUAL VCF

Intentions - to buy more filters

5 Likes

Just ordered this tonight.

In intentions are to hook this up to my Erica Synths Bassline as seen in this video

6 Likes

A grey Analog Rytm mk2! Unfortunately, it has some pad issues, and after reading this thread Analog rytm mk2 pad issues - #7 by KRB I learned this unit is cursed with a serial number ending in -72. Sent a support ticket and hopefully it’ll be sorted out :crossed_fingers:

I intend to make trip hop with thick, crunchy, crusty analog engines and samples and add vibe with the onboard analog overdrive and compressor. Also to pair with the A4 and see if I can use kits and song mode to make longer and more varied chord progression and melodies than I usually do on the digi-boxes.

30 Likes

Suckered myself into this banged up Roland GP-8. I was curious for some cheap multi fx with a combination of filtering, EQ, overdrive, distortion, compression and some digital things. Came with a massive foot pedal.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear the unit has technical problems but super excited to hear your Rytm tracks once you’re up and running!

4 Likes

i recently bought pigments 4 while it was on sale with the intention of hopefully divesting from some cumbersome hardware, trimming down my setup, freeing up some funds, and more efficiently utilizing my space.

while my analog hardware (moog grandmother/sequential take 5) is only capable of a mere fraction of what pigments can do, i’m finding that it has qualities that can’t actually be replaced by software. it turns out sometimes analog magic is definitely a real thing.

4 Likes

My 2 new purchases.

Got 2 weeks off. Going to make some crunchy wobbly tunes!

Maschine, and a Model Cycles I’m borrowing off a friend will also be involved.

11 Likes

Also bought 3 job lots of home recorded tapes, mostly unlabeled. So fun going through them.

I just discovered a full recording of the single of Flipmode. About 5 remixes and acapellas

2 Likes

Got a few things to add to the studio recently :

Vermona DRM1 mk4
Jomox Mbase 11
Sherman Filterbank mk2
Allen and Heath GL2400 32 (swapped for my old Yamaha MGP)

Purpose - addition of more unnecessary drum synths and means to mangle their sounds + a better quality desk to run them through.

The Vermona is lovely to use and I’m not missing having presets at all.

The Jomox Mbase is just incredible for kicks - nothing else I have in the studio seems to cut through like this.

The Sherman is straight up bonkers, and I really need to spend some time figuring out what it’s actually doing :upside_down_face:

The A&H is a big step up in build and sound quality over the Yamaha MGP.

24 Likes

I think everyone has a secret resolution to one day buy a FIlterbank… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

It’s quite a strange beast, but very addictive. I tried controlling it with the Hapax, but it cannot be tamed :lion:

1 Like

Wingie2 has arrived! Gonna send all kinds of weird sounds through this thing.

Edit a couple hours later: Alright I’m sending weird sounds through it and it’s lovely. The onboard microphone is really fun to play with too. Still getting my bearings with the keyboard(s) and settings but here’s an early attempt at a jam with Plumbutter.

19 Likes

Enjoy! Having lots of fun with mine.

2 Likes

The Allen and Heath GL2400 32 looks great! How is it to work with it and does it sound good?

1 Like

I can only compare it to my previous Yamaha MGP32X, which was fairly decent but had a much louder background noise.
Its sound is nice and clear, with decent warmth and it just sounds ‘bigger’ somehow compared to the Yamaha.
The unit is also nicely laid out with really solid build quality.

2 Likes

Nice to hear! Its a lot of channels and its not too big nor expensive so that’s great!

1 Like

Modern Jazz Palettes course by Sean McGowan on TrueFire, bought on intro discount.

Windows is one of my favorite Chick Corea tunes. I was sold as soon as I saw the clip of an etude written for that tune.

1 Like