What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

nice to see a fellow sailor in here :slight_smile:
fair winds and following seas, mate

1 Like

Eventide Ultratap!

I used to think it was kind of stupid to pay boutique prices for pedals already included in the H9 Max that I also have as plugins. But this is a great pedal that sounds as fantastic with guitar as it does with the Nord Drum 3P. Also got it used but mint for a very reasonable price.

Currently using it to create weird noises with Nord Drum 3P.

9 Likes

some Vince Clarke vibes going on with that tableā€¦

11 Likes

Heā€™s got a bit more variety and a lot more talent! :laughing:

5 Likes

but only a bit more. you have half the synths on that row of tables (and then a lot more on top of that!) :rofl:

2 Likes

I do have some of those, yeah. But I need them all because, you know, that bit about talentā€¦:flushed:

4 Likes

I think that NL3 has one of the best interfaces ever - at least of the synths Iā€™ve owned. I donā€™t have it any more sometimes i wishā€¦

1 Like

For sure, itā€™s those LED rings + endless encoders that won me over. I love being able to switch parts and see the correct control states.

Over a year ago, I apparently ordered a TC Electronic Sub ā€˜Nā€™ Up octaver pedal, and it is finally being shipped. :rofl:

I already have several other similar pedals, and cannot recall why I specifically ordered it. The MXR Poly Blue Octave is on my main guitar pedalboard, and will not be supplanted by the Sub ā€˜Nā€™ Up. Nevertheless, I will find a use for it.

2 Likes

I may have gotten a little bit carried away as Iā€™ve just bought the entire U-He software bundle that was on sale at Native Instruments 15 mins before the sale ended. I know that sounds like a rash decision but (bear with me) I didnā€™t do it on a whim as Iā€™ve been extensively demoing all of these synths and FX over the last week or so and hereā€™s whatā€™ve Iā€™ve concludedā€¦

Theyā€™re all really bloody good. I was sat with a spreadsheet (yes really) working out combos of different stuff to compare the price with the bundle and see ā€œwhat if I drop this plugin or that pluginā€ to save a bit of money. I ultimately concluded that I didnā€™t want to lose any of them. Diva is like a modular analogue without the wires, Repro sounds amazing and is easy to program, Hive is a brilliant toolbox for all kinds of digital sounds, wavetable, massive pads and ambient sounds and is also surprisingly good at making drums, drum loops and other percussive and rhythmic stuff.

I never really understood compression to be honest but I ran Presswerk across some ā€œfullā€ house/techno loops from a sample pack (with drums, bass, synths etc all in one mixdown) and I could really tell the difference which I often havenā€™t been able to with other compressors. It can absolutely smash it or add subtle saturation etc.

The FX are lovely as well, Colour Copy is a brilliant delay.

2 Likes

DINGBOT!!! happy days

2 Likes

Just ordered from Juno coming tomorrow

ERICA SYNTHS BLACK DUAL VCF

7 Likes

inspired by ā€œBladesā€ :1st_place_medal:

Love dual filters, just got one today myself!

8 Likes

Monster set up!

1 Like

Nice! I didnā€™t even notice him peeking up there. Now where is my butler, Omnibot 2000 to bring me my tea!?!?

Looks fab mate Iā€™m doing more shopping tonightā€¦ Looking for a Liquid Filter I like the NANO FONT so far

1 Like

Check out Mutable Instruments Ripples (2020) if you can find it. Love that one! There are many clones out there as well.

I would but I only want black modules in my setup haha Iā€™m OCD Iā€™m sure there are amazing modules out there but I gotta stay with blackā€¦

1 Like

Whatā€™s the model number/name?