What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Watch RMR’s video on it and you will order one before the video ends!!!

I did that :smiley:

This one brings me smiles every time I play with it!
Congrats

1 Like

nah, you’re just realizing what you want/need out of the machines. and which ones will give it to you. just because they’re less fully-featured machines doesn’t mean anything. getting the results you’re after and being inspired to use the machines to get them is the most important part.

3 Likes

New to the world of Elektron and just received my Octatrack today. Going to be using it to record/mangle my modular system. Here’s to a weekend of beer and instruction manuals!!

15 Likes

I think both the SQ80 V and Emulator II V soft synths look very interesting so I took Arturia up on the current upgrade deal.

My intention is to use these primarily in post to layer with recorded synth and guitar parts.

2 Likes

I don’t have an OT, but I hear that Merlin’s Guide is highly recommended: A polished version of Merlin's OT guide here have fun!

2 Likes

Damn, I’m realising that I could upgrade from 6 to 8 too… 5 new synths for 149€ sounds fair

1 Like

Essential!

1 Like

Not new but improved

Intentions: compete with live2 users on the go without the touchscreen noodling

12 Likes

Got a Model:Samples with the recent sale… spent a couple hours with it, then made this ‘first day/first track’ video. I start bringing in the bass and seeing if it can do acid-like stuff around 3 minutes. Just a simple loop with lots of timbre/fx play. The thingy in the lower left is an alien spectrum analyzer I built in TouchDesigner reacting in realtime, while OBS composites and records the vid.

7 Likes

A pair of M44-7s and new headshells. Now to see if I can still mix…

13 Likes

Matrixbrute, it’s done! Not a purchase but a swap.

Gonna enjoy the simplicity of an over the top mono with loads of functions and perhaps the best overview interface out there. Already ideas for modulation experiments are so much quicker and clearer to imagine. Just gonna enjoy the keys (that I didn’t have for some time) and sound design exploration. And try to just patch from scratch and not bother with saving presets and patterns.

15 Likes

Congrats on the sweet new mono. Out of curiosity, what did you trade for it?

Thanks!

A4 Mk2 and €250 extra from my end. I bought the A4 for 800 a year or two back, so I love how this got me this epic big instrument.

I’ll miss my A4, but next to my unmissable Rytm and OT it was just one Elekton too many. I disliked setting up project, parts, kits, etc, on three Elektrons everything I wanted to make some music. Two is the right number for me. Hence I plan to spend as little time as possible on the Matrixbrute on project/patch management, and just twiddle in the moment :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The tablists dream! Those are ridiculously scarce these days - nice come up

2 Likes

I found an original Wavestation for way cheap. No room, but…

15 Likes

Nice! If only I had space (and funds!) I’d definitely buy one. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks! I think I was able to get this one exactly because of the space reason (the guy selling it was about to move and was letting some large things go)

2 Likes

Yeah I know! Weren’t cheap but had to jump on them when I saw them, they will only get more scarce. Now I have to learn to scratch!

1 Like

If you need a spare stylus at any point, Ritchie sourced these that seem to be really highly rated:

3 Likes