What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Best kind. Nice.

1 Like

Chas Bliss Habit. I don’t know if I’ll use this on guitar, synths, or vocals. Probably all of them.

Edit: Arrived and on the studio board

20 Likes

Fender sixty-six.
Intentions: Enjoy playing it (through a poly beebo into a DN), write some songs on it (after doing two records without any stringed instruments), prepare to have blisters on my fingers.

15 Likes

RD-9 and OT-Black. I realized I can’t live without the OT :slight_smile:.

14 Likes

Intentions : ending a year of trading samplers in order to find the perfect match for my needs. Also, making a lot of slider-wooshing ofc.

16 Likes

Just bought the NanoKontrol Studio (at the top) to pair with the AR MK1. It was an Amazon warehouse deal (an opened box return I think) so it was only £89. The two-tier stand is my own creation with the help of some YouTube videos.

I thought a lot about this and I nearly went down the route of an expensive Faderfox controller with tons of controls. I decided that I only have 2 hands and that with this I can control 8 channels of volume (the AR has 12 tracks but some are paired so it’s actually only 8 “voices”) and I can use the 8 knobs to control e.g. 4-6 performance macros and 2-4 other control such as delay or reverb settings.

I reckon that’s actually quite a lot of control. The performance macros on the AR can be assigned to almost any parameter so I can easily set up macros that will allow me to build progressive tracks that start sparse or dry on FX and then turn a few knobs to build up filter settings and FX density etc. I like progressive electronic music that isn’t too complex structure-wise but that evolves over time in terms of sounds and I think this minimalist setup will keep me busy for a while trying to achieve that. I figure that if I outgrow this level of control I can probably sell the NanoKontrol for £60-70 and then upgrade to a bigger/better controller and/or add another compact synth or FX unit and I will have lost very little. The AR is a pretty deep box and I’ve only scratched the proverbial surface so far.

Additionally, I still use software sometimes and I can easily map all the buttons to trigger ableton/bitwig clips and map the controls to my soft synths and FX etc.

19 Likes

Intellijel Metropolix. Looks like a fun sequencer.

(for others in the future: this is a great option if you have a USB-MIDI host or a computer in the mix, but the NanoKontrol has no DIN MIDI, so won’t connect directly to the Octatrack)

Getting to know my new s2400. One of the best pieces of gear I have had in a long time. My intention is to kill my gas for vintage hardware samplers lol.

Now I just have to decide if I would rather have wood sides for it or the decksaver so I don’t feel so nervous when I transport it…

17 Likes

well, shit

21 Likes

Surely this needs detailing?

1 Like

My wife works in the performing arts department at a local college, and they’ve got some nice orchestral percussion - concert drum(s), gong, tubular bells, marimba, xylophone, tympani. One of the percussionists has agreed to come in and give a proper whacking while I sample 'em. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

It does doesn’t it? I built 2 ROT8 sequencers a while back which can do many of the basic sequencing things of Metropolix, repeats etc…(though you have to remember button presses unfortunately).

Between those and the Per|former sequencer I built I can’t really justify one.

Wow fancy! You get a professional “whacker” instead of having to amateur whack ‘em yourself.

5 Likes

I’m merely a hobbyist when it comes to whacking. :flushed:

6 Likes

Same

3 Likes

This seems like a pretty good deal, yeah? Enjoy! OT4lyfe

1 Like

Ordered a Markbass Little Mark Tube 800 bass head and 104HF Neo bass cab this morning:

Since the COVID pandemic, I avoided the urge to accept bass and guitar gigs, but will change course over the next few weeks. In celebration, I decided to purchase a new alternate bass rig now, and add another guitar rig later on (potentially from the Orange Crush series).

The said bass rig will be used on Jazz Fusion, R&B, Neo-Soul, Urban Gospel, and Hip Hop gigs. I miss playing live, and look forward to working with old friends again.

8 Likes

“in tough times, you should enjoy yourself with little cute things” – they said.
well, who am eye to disagree?

second hand Mac Mini (late 2012)

intention: replacing laptop & NAS on my “default” workplace, running mainly Ubuntu :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

Smart.