What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Same

3 Likes

This seems like a pretty good deal, yeah? Enjoy! OT4lyfe

1 Like

Ordered a Markbass Little Mark Tube 800 bass head and 104HF Neo bass cab this morning:

Since the COVID pandemic, I avoided the urge to accept bass and guitar gigs, but will change course over the next few weeks. In celebration, I decided to purchase a new alternate bass rig now, and add another guitar rig later on (potentially from the Orange Crush series).

The said bass rig will be used on Jazz Fusion, R&B, Neo-Soul, Urban Gospel, and Hip Hop gigs. I miss playing live, and look forward to working with old friends again.

8 Likes

ā€œin tough times, you should enjoy yourself with little cute thingsā€ ā€“ they said.
well, who am eye to disagree?

second hand Mac Mini (late 2012)

intention: replacing laptop & NAS on my ā€œdefaultā€ workplace, running mainly Ubuntu :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

Smart.

Hope you and family are doing ok!

8 Likes

Why stick to Ubuntu? That will run bare metal, so Ubuntu and a couple othersā€¦

Octatrack MkII arrived today! So glad I spent some time reading up beforehand - one hour in, Iā€™ve got a beat going (Iā€™m basically using it as a Digitakt at this point), some crossfader madness, Iā€™m grinning from ear to ear. Havenā€™t got at all frustrated with it yet, Iā€™m sure I will at some point, but right now it all seems pretty familiar from using various other Elektron boxes

5 Likes

of course i already have Ubuntu/Catalina in dual boot.
will probably install windoze as well.

anyway, Ubuntu is my primary system, and will be.

Intentions: fill it with Prophet VS, SQ-80, and other single cycle wavs. Yummy.

10 Likes

Reverb šŸ«£

12 Likes

Just purchased my 1st piece of kit this year. Wanted to get a fun lilā€™ synth to get me excited about hardware again after the hardcore plugin binge Iā€™ve been on the last 6 months.

18 Likes

I got served with a divorce request from the wife yesterday and, you know, its pretty darn painful, so I went straight to the wallet and executed a cold blooded move without hesitation and got this:

Whats the intention, well, to bury myself in 6 months of self-healing through some rather ungodly bass lines and various strangely distorted sounds.

49 Likes

you made the right choice, king

5 Likes

I havenā€™t bought anything in a few months and my GAS is non-existent. Whatā€™s wrong with me

5 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to sell my Syntrx. I was considering buying a Pulsar once again, as I really missed it and wanted to use it with my new Plumbutter which Iā€™ve already sold :slight_smile: Anyway, I got a message from Soma EU that they have an interest in my Syntrx and they would swap the Pulsar + something else or money for my Syntrx. So it was like win-winā€¦ Iā€™ve decided to take an orange Pulsar and Cosmos, I had to pay the difference though. They also sent an Ether as a gift. Today theyā€™re here, except the Cosmos.

Orange one is definitely beautifulā€¦ Much more beautiful than Iā€™ve excepted. The second one is also on the way which is a used one. My plan is building a setup with 2x Pulsar, 2x Ornament and a Lyra + Cosmos. Iā€™ll also buy a digital synth like a Digitone and thatā€™s all.

29 Likes

Soma Ambassador? Do they know that you produce awesome and singular Tracks with those devices?

2 Likes

Hmm not really, Iā€™m not good at selling myself. But thank you for your kind words! I love these instruments.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely mental!

1 Like

What am I going to do with it? Blow my ears off, probably.

4 Likes