What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Damn, you’ve been a busy bee.

1 Like

I sold a few things and ordered a Teenage Engineering OB-4 in red to jam with my portables (OP1, SP404, MC101, Monologue, POs, Gameboy DMG), use for casual Bluetooth streaming, and to mic it up in Ambient mode. I think the OB4 gets way more hate then it deserves.

Anyone else have one?

8 Likes

I’m tempted by the OB4 plus Ortho Remote summer bundle deal. I’m intrigued by the disk mode for experimental features, including Ambient. Too bad the bundle is only with the black one, not the red one but it’s $100 difference and no Ortho…

1 Like

Totally, I was tempted with the Summer bundle too but knew I would regret not getting the red one.

1 Like

Yes I have, and not to mention the things I built in my other case (not pictured). I still have those SEM clones to finish too :unamused: (waiting on parts to finish those).

Also have 4x veils, 1x blinds, 2x kinks and some precision sample and holds on the bench… for now. Feeling pretty free to explore at this point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was tempted at the beginning

Than I realized it is a waste of money as it is quite limited for music making, ie you cannot sample the ambient or the radio looping.

While we are at TE: Just got a PO-33 as a present, then had to buy a rolls MX41b passive mixer. Now I have a complete battery powered summer setup.

Really looking forward to taking those toys to beautiful places and jam.

10 Likes

That’s great to hear. Sounds like more fun is soon to come!

1 Like

I’m gonna finally get some polyrhythmic stuff going on.

10 Likes

How I see it, if the sound and build are quality than all the magic radio/tape stuff is a bonus. Really, my intention is to have a little portable speaker that sounds good, looks cool, and I feel inspired to use. Also it’ll match my 404.

13 Likes

Nice 404!

1 Like

Why not getting a pair of iloud micromonitors or genelec 8010?

From what i understand you cannot sample out of the OB4 as it does not have a line out

MPC Live 2

Intentions are remote music production.

12 Likes

I wanted a quality speaker that’s portable (battery powered) and it just looks cool.

I have the iLoud micro monitors out in my living room. They’re great and if the sound quality of the ob4 is anything like them I’ll be stoked.

they just released an update for the software today. saw it somewhere… looks like they added bunch of new stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWxA41kGdQ

5 Likes

Let me know how it compares to the iLoud

1 Like

Become realistic about the fact that software is meant to be controlled by a mouse and keyboard.
Work smarter instead of harder.

21 Likes

I held onto my Griffin PowerMate because it looks so nice, even though I never use it. But this looks even nicer!

2 Likes

Pretty nice so far but I’ve only had it about an hour. Still haven’t installed the software.

The switch on the left flips between fader and knob modes. In knob mode the cursor returns where you started when you let go of the knob, for one example. It’s also very precise so that you can make the smallest adjustments on a control.

The hardware is very nice feeling but it’s the software behind it that makes this thing awesome.

https://www.nobcontrol.com/

2 Likes

That looks lovely - belongs here too!

2 Likes