What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Does this count? I won it from a Sweetwater giveaway on Instagram.

10 Likes

I ordered this Expression pedal to CV converter to further integrate guitar into my modular.

12 Likes

ā€œItā€™s a Finnish custom built mixer with tube modulators and some other funky tricks made by Verde Audio.ā€œ

1 Like

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=600024

Iā€™d considered getting the Gator clamp-mounted monitor speaker stands, which sell for $99 at Sweetwater, then I found these Monoprice stands which sell for $39 a pair. They look just about the same. The build quality is solid - probably more stable than the Monoprice Stage Right desk that I clamped them too.

Intentions: (already done) free up space on the top platform that had been occupied by the monitor speakers.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve had this for a few weeks now- Maschine MK3 (got some new sound packs also). Gonna see how I can stretch my creativity with this.

7 Likes

Just a follow up to my own post - Iā€™m really impressed with this amp so far. Lots of features that all work very well. Being able to DI a tube amp straight into a mixing board without using a cab is so nice, and it sounds great.

3 Likes

Just arrived, cute litte vesa stand for the Analog Heat. Nicely adjustable. Intentions are to have better visibility/access for this great but somewhat horizontal box.

8 Likes

This finally cameā€“the second pic shows it mounted on an 8U rack I posted a link to on the 2600 thread. I can confirm that the stand works great and is very stableā€“it also has a bottom faceplate that isnā€™t necessary which when removed allows cables to go underneath (useful for the setup Tetris I had to play in order to fit the 2600 onto my desk!).

15 Likes

Thatā€™s killer!

1 Like

My favourite game!

Should be great however thereā€™s no means of microtiming. If thatā€™s not an issue for you then itā€™s a go :+1:

1 Like

Been thinking about one of these.
How deep is it from front panel to back?
Not that Iā€™m planning any of my own setup Tetris or anythingā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a limitation I donā€™t mind exploring like I used to with my TR-909: loads of swing!

1 Like

super congratsā€¦the best job I had in my youth was managing a comic/booksore in sfā€¦employee #? 1 lolā€¦ thought, and assist managing a physical music store I DC. However, being your own boss is the ultimate super move. Bravo! and wish you the best of future and success.

1 Like

I think I have to get one of theseā€¦not even sure for what, but I want it lol

2 Likes

Haha I felt the same, not sure why (maybe the design) but I bought it with a decent discount (150 pln = 37ā‚¬ aprox), and actually it comes very handy for recording your guitar or synth, recording is uploaded into your phone and then you can add the track to your DAW; also works as looper.

2 Likes

How do the plates attach to the mounts? Iā€™ve been looking for something similar but with a 3/8 or 5/8 thread stud on top so I can screw them directly in to the bottom of my monitors which have a 3/8 socket.

Got a used OTO Boum on the way for a very agreeable price and am excited, especially since theyā€™re out of stock! Something about the sound just does it for me (vs say the AH, which i want to love, but very few demos of that really caught my ear.) Really hoping it adds that special analog saturation and compression sauce and warmth on the end of my liveset chain, which is a primarily digital+samples driven affair (DT, OT, DN, Minitaur). I suspect Iā€™ll need to learn to carve away more EQ and more elements from the mix to not overcrowd things and let the Boum really do its thingā€¦

4 Likes

Each plate has a circular depression that goes into the supporting column. In the middle of the depression is a hole for the screw, which comes with the mount. The screw is secured with a hex key which is also included.

Itā€™s angled, so Iā€™d say about 5-6 inches deep at the top (where most of the inputs are) and just a couple towards the bottom.

1 Like