What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

super sick

What is that?

Thank youā€¦the Key Combi is MANUAL + 3ā€¦
ā€¦butā€¦

:sob:

1 Like

Glad it all worked out. Enjoy! So jealousā€¦ hehe

1 Like

I should have been more specific, Iā€™m from Montreal too. I donā€™t know if itā€™s the case for the rest of the Quebec (I think it is) but here in Montreal, itā€™s ridiculous.

I bought this filter knobā€¦

ā€¦and it came attached to a mono synth! (a Pro 3 to be exact)

My intentions are to use this in our next track to add some grit, grime, and analog juice.

Gino

25 Likes

Pulsar

1 Like

Well, I went and did itā€¦

Marie Kondo came to me in a dream and I sold a bunch of stuff. I made enough to pick this beauty up. The Octatrack was the first Elektron device that I came across. Right before the release of the Digitakt. I went for the Digitakt and glad I did actually. But I was going to end up here eventually. So, yeah midlife crisis purchase I guess :joy:

Oh BTW - the cross fader :level_slider: is MAD light. There is no friction whatsoever. Itā€™s not too wiggly or anything but want to make sure that itā€™s normal or if I need to exchange. I figured that it would have at least a little bit of resistance to get a smooth fade. Is this normal???

12 Likes

Yes.
You want perhaps ultrafast fader action with a crossfader. Look at dj mixers.

Aj yea, that needs some proper looking after, good luck!

She cane to me as well, and helped me figure out a way to fit my watches in the sock drawerā€¦ just have to fold my underwear into tiny rectangles :slight_smile:

11 Likes

:joy_cat::+1: I roll mine. Nice collection / display / storage!! I love watches but strangely I donā€™t usually wear one.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! If itā€™s normal to be fast and frictionless then I feel better about it. Just didnā€™t know how it would work dialing in very specific settings might work but I hardly ever hear complaints and the cross fader is in everyoneā€™s top 5 favorite Octatrack features so great. Just gotta get some time after work and I can see for myself. Been killing me to wait to dig in!

Itā€™s a non contact fader, itā€™s meant to be like that! You might have to calibrate it also, I had to do it with the new ones Iā€™ve usedā€¦ both mine and one I returned, there is a thread on here somewhere about it

1 Like

But itā€™ll be there. I donā€™t care if Iā€™m not at the door and they leave it. UNLESS they need a signature. THAT is lame when they take off.
I lived in Beverly Hills too and Laguna Beach. People donā€™t touch your packages.
But in San Francisco, if youā€™re not there, consider your box gone.

Just got this guy yesterday! My intention? To make more music.

15 Likes

I bet youā€™re looking outside everytime you hear a vehicle.

2 Likes

I guess we know who the real G is.

2 Likes

When I lived in France briefly last year (in Agde to be precise), a DHL delivery driver threw my boxes containing an iMac, Analog Keys and Octatrack etc etc over a six-foot wall into the garden rather than ring the doorbell. Nothing was damaged luckily but fuuuuuuu :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, so it happens here too :flushed:

The guy from DPD delivery service was in a rental truck, pretty weirdā€¦ Smelled like some Uber thing. Anyway, I have played with the Pulsar the whole afternoon, and fou d some weird territories! Pretty capable drum synth!

2 Likes