What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

REAN /Neutrik DIN connectors and filling compound.
intention: making some shorter MIDI cables to reduce cable mess.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. Would you be able to post pics of what you creates? All my midi cables seem to be dying atmā€¦ and this might be the way to go

ok, iā€™ll make some pics.
i have another problem with MIDI cables ā€” anything shorter than 1.8m is very rare and too expensive at local stores, and using 1.8m where 0.2 or even 0.15m would be perfect leads to horrible cable mess.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. Thanks

Just order cordial cables from Thomann or amazon. Iā€™v got both skill and gear to make DIN cables as well as network and audio cables, but most of the time i canā€™t be bothered as itā€™s not much cheaper if you want good connectors plus it takes more time than ordering. :slight_smile:

Of course if you enjoy it, by all means! I do my own cables for very custom length but i can find MIDI cables in just about any length.

But again if you enjoy making them itā€™s different!

3 Likes

when it comes to MIDI, i never ever had a single problem with cheaper chinacables (like RockCable) so far, so shortening them is just cost-effective AF, especially if take in mind that all my setups have a lot of MIDI connections (Axoloti as additional MIDI processor between main sequencer and every device).

iā€™ll better invest in good and trusted audio cables instead.

I only buy Cordial MIDI, mostly because I like the quality of the cables, durable but not stiff and plastic. Iā€™m quite confident the performance is the same though, itā€™s just a matter of preference.

My router is pretty much full almost 20 din cables hooked up. :joy:

Yes, smart to invest in good audio cables. :+1:

Sold my Eurorackā€¦
Got this.

Intention with it: Get the whole unit replaced, or at least repaired.
Also the tuning is VERY Bad. Calibration not helping at all. Premium priced, but no premium quality.

4 Likes

Man, that sucks! However, when you get going with it, I think you wonā€™t regret selling your eurorack to get one.

1 Like

you sure you donā€™t have detune knob engaged? Also check to make sure that alt tuning is set to nor. Sorry to hear you have these problems. When you get it working perfecting itā€™s an amazing synth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Detune knob was the first thing i checked. Alt Tuning is normal. But the unit cant hold the tuning for at least a Minute! Its much worse than my cheap Harley Benton CST24. Or maybe it has a faulty voice Card, or Motherboard, who knows. With that broken Button i can not calibrate it further anyway. The unit will get back asap.
In the few moments it was stable, i really enjoyed that crazy morphable Filter. A setting somewhere between LP and HPā€¦yum! So creamy! And thats where it sets it apart from the P6 and AS1 or any other Synth i have had or have.

Impulse buy

32 Likes

Sometimes you need to clear the calibration memory and then recalibrate. Worked for me in the past and all has been good since. Not sure about the procedure but you can find it in the manual. Itā€™s a few simple steps. Good luck!

3 Likes

Close, but they were a bit more orange-er :tangerine:

1 Like

This is the classic indication that the temperature calibration table needs to be wiped, and then filled. Youā€™re definitely not the only one who has had this issue on delivery.
But Iā€™d send it back DOA just to get one with all buttons attached.

2 Likes

The perfect partner for the Rytm!

1 Like

Trouble sleeping right now.
Pulsar should be home today.
I need to go get some food after 2 weeks on holidays, but wonā€™t leave home until Iā€™m being delivered the package.
Eating is overrated anyway.

8 Likes

Anxious about the ring and run delivery truck? Here, in Quebec, they donā€™t give a shit if youā€™re home or not. They just leave the package in a Ā« safe Ā» spot.

But thatā€™s Quebec. You will most likely get it.
In SF when stuff gets dropped at your doorā€¦95% chance of being stolen.

(Note: Iā€™m from montreal)

1 Like

No such thing as ring drop and run here in France :wink:

Hello beauty!

@scoobydoozler thank you a thousand times dear!!!

32 Likes