What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

seems like a good spot to share this:

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hermes Germany tops that:

Guess who lost his Jobā€¦

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that looks damn fun, actually!

1 Like

I cant blame them. They have a tough Job.

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Today was a horrible start to the week, this turned it all around for me Thanks !

3 Likes

Got a Model 12. I think this is going to be a game-changer for my little studio.

31 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ve been considering the 16 as a means of recording/mixing when I donā€™t want to use the computer. Tapes are getting too expensive/scarce.

3 Likes

Originally I was just looking to get an interface with more inputs but the multi tracking feature is going to be awesome. I like to make a foundation with my MPC and jam with my eurorack on top which I edit down later. Not having to boot up the computer to do it is going to be awesome.

4 Likes

Nice ! I also want to add to my OB and P12 :yum:

1 Like

The idea of recording without seeing it on a screen used to be completely normal. Now, I wonder how it would be. I suppose you would do the final mixing on a screen, but yeah, thatā€™s a very intriguing device.

3 Likes

I would still mix on the computer. You can bounce the stems via USB. I donā€™t use a laptop so this solves the portable recording situation I have. Iā€™m also really stoked about the sub mix. Iā€™ll be able to route any channel into my MPC without unplugging anything.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m using the BlackBox like this for creating stems, then I can just transfer over to the computer. But yeah, sub mix too. Nice. Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Me, I love mixing manually with faders, outboard gear, and no screen. I love mixing in the box, too, with automation and an endless supply of effects. Depends on the track and my mood.

7 Likes

Oh sweet! I look forward to hearing what you make with this. I had an email from them saying I could take delivery of one now too, as I was on top of the waiting list, but I just havenā€™t yet found any clips of people taming it in a way thatā€™s pleasing to my ears. Have you got plenty of time to spend with it this week?

Niiiiice. Every time I see one of these I keep trying to look awayā€¦ :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Lol, here in Italy UPS is one of the best couriers. When I have to, I always ship with UPS. I never had a single problem.
FedEx is pretty good too.
The worst one is Nexive (PostNL group).

Check the thread on Pulsar.
The video from Stimming is rather good (Iā€™m not even there yet). Sonic state as well.

Output is mono. Not good or bad, for this machine. Especially when you have all the separate outs you need.

Soundwise, bass is my favorite (cause itā€™s way more than that), kick is ok, I manage to get decent hats, but canā€™t reach the snare Iā€™m looking for.

There are still some modules I have to understand ^^

1 Like

Donā€™t miss out on the stereo FX modeā€“sounds great.

Came today, no kettle lead, itā€™s a conspiracy. I just used the one from the E-MU until the new one gets hear.

It defo has a sound to it, the EQā€™s are pretty nice. Itā€™s a lot bigger than it looks in the photos.

3 Likes