What's next for Elektron?

They are both.
Faders and knobs have “modes,” just like any Elektron

1 Like

If such a device should to be released, it’s better to do justice to the “original name”: the Neuron (see top / Elektron Users forum).

On second thoughts, I don’t think this device will be announced at Summer NAMM 2017. All individual track outs on the A4mk2 and ARmk2 could be a sign the “Neuron” is indeed coming, but at least those new mk2 devices should work in order to route them to the Neuron. My guess is the ARmk2 release depends on the Digitakt’s OS to be further developed, which will probably be rolled-out the coming months (1.04, 1.05, 1.06, etc.).

If yet another new device will be announced, it must be based on current tech stack readily available to deploy pretty fast. A Digitakt form factor “Analog 1 / 2” for example.

1 Like

Nah, Mothership, just nah.
Second, cars should stick to being ambulances or fire engines.
Third, no reach around wanted, keep it, thanks I will take that coffee though.
And it’s a pretty cool mock up, great price too.

Ps. Remember this is the whining thread ; )

I’d rather bet on Elektron Ring.
:smile:

Hector will turn up again with an unprecedented MK III announcement… But the MK II phase is over now I think.

1 Like

where was this announcement? cant find it

:smile:

lol dunno it was 4 years ago

2 Likes
2 Likes

Where’s my Elektron Analog Delay / Reverb unit to go alongside the Analog heat?

It’s just not good enough! Pull your finger out Elektron!

:blush:

1 Like

I recommend checking out the new Boss RV-500 in the meantime :diddly: The new Boss fx complement elektron sound beautifully IMO, and they got a parametric eq for the wetpath, how cool is that!

3 Likes

Like maybe a scaled down version of the Monomachine? This would go well with my DT. Should I wait it out and see, or should I just save up and get an Analog 4mkll?

1 Like

Nobody outside the company knows what’s coming next. It’s not unreasonable that there will be a new digital synth sometime, but it might only be faintly reminiscent of a Monomachine.

I would love a DT/AH sized (and priced) MiniMachine with trig conditions, micro-timing, polyrhythms, and Overbridge capabilities.
Those filters and 1 band eq + delay per track are downright magical.

4 Likes

Why not an A4 MK1? They’re going for $700 used and $800 new these days.
Scaled down Monomachine would probably only have the single stereo output, anyway.

It was already made by another company a few years ago… there are others out there as well.

If you need stereo there is also the OTO Bam, which has got good reviews and will kick the pants off any roland/boss effects. I have the BIm and its the most flexible delay I have used. I also own a few roland delays and they are average at best.

Sure the Retroverb Lancet is a great effect, but an “Elektron Analog Delay / Reverb” it is not.
Patch/program memories are cornerstones in Elektron products, from the SIDStation in the beginning, all the way down to the humble mono stomp box Analog Drive.
It’s why I have an Analog Keys and not a Dominion 1, and an Analog Rytm and not a TR-8.

I’ll somewhat agree with you. There are options just look around, plenty of bada$$ effects boxes out there with patches and presets… Id be expecting some sort of synth next from them as well. Something with elements of the last two new products from the them the heat and digitakt.

Get an Eventide H9 Max
Even if Elektron brought out an effects box it won’t rival that.
If you need more add a H9 Core to the Max, as they share the algorithms when used in the same system.

2 Likes

yea the h9 is more than anyone should ever need. I use mine in tandem with the oto bim. such nice results.

2 Likes