What's next for Elektron?

Even better hold out for an Eventide H9000.
That will rewrite effects processing by the looks of it.
Don’t like the term game changer but have a feeling about that one

2 Likes

H9 Max is awesome… am think of exactly adding one more to chain effects

1 Like

Yep you can get real far with 2.
Sounds great

got a few grand laying around?

I want to FX unit from electorn :slight_smile:

Not just yet :wink:

No idea how it could be implemented, but some kind of arrangement feature/tech that marries the analog series ‘song mode’ with the OT ‘arranger’ would be a godsend. Maybe it could be a feature of this new ‘analog mix’ hardware idea people are throwing around. If there’s anything that needs development attention in the trinity users’ world (in my opinion), it HAS to be the lack of centralized arrangement. It’s literally my only complaint with my Elektron gear. I still get lots of glitches running everything from OT. (Patterns on AR/AK randomly beginning on bar 3, for instance)

On the software side, the lack of of a pattern/song editor/librarian remains the only reason I have no interest in Overbridge. …so one of those too plz. :slight_smile:

1 Like

guess its more likely that they will do smaller (Digitakt/Heat)-Format machines first. Easier to build, faster to sell. They’ve drawn their attention to the mass market and smaller (cheaper) units sell better. Although a central Trinity-Hub would be godsend, i wouldnt expect anything like this anytime soon :wink: Elektron has to think more straight and generic if they want to flood the Mass Market with stuff that also sells well. Sadly it seems that they work hard into this direction … Innovations are probably not in sight now :-/

An Overbridge mixer in new format would be a dream. just connect the usb cables to the mixer and have all channels + effects & compressor with elektron sequencer.

2 Likes

I wonder how much truth there is to the ‘smaller, cheaper sell better’ logic. I also question the value in chasing down segments like guitarist market. I bet the analog drive has been a flop. Guitar players are largely still hooked on the most antiquated tech. (The more antiquated the better!) That aside, I think people are generally more eager to get into a flagship than a dinghy. For me, price is more a question of how much other gear I need to sell and/or how long I need to save than whether or not I buy in. That’s my view anyway.

Yeah I am prepared to pay good money for something good.
Peoples version of good varies immensely.
It seems the world is all about weight loss these days. Even our instruments have lost weight.
I’ve had enough gluten free vegan lental wraps, and now just want a fat brontosaurus burger with the works, supersized thanks. Yabadabadoo

2 Likes

hahaha, yeah got ya :smiley: problem is: the majority of money can be “grabbed” off the low-cost market. and Elektron is a company in the end - and they’ve grown. and they think economically as well. so they look at the market and they check what sells best … and then they do this. add their own stamp onto it, still make it somewhat boutique - but lower production costs; effectively.

i have no clue how much money they had to spend for the OB development and how much money they have to spend for its ongoing development. but my guess is: they reach out for more now - and they try things out and see how it works out for them :wink:

[edit] in turn this would mean for us: we shouldnt support their OB Basic/Premium philosophy in that we simply dont buy the upgrade. if they notice it doesnt sell, they might revert back one day. same thing is true for everything they do in the future: Dont just buy because it has the Elektron brand. The good old Machinedrum days are gone. Its questionable if they can offer long-term support when they are “throwing” out one machine after the other. Im really excited to see where the current Path will lead them to … :wink:

1 Like

Just wanted to throw that in :slight_smile: if you guys ever feel like making a polyphonic sampler with sample manipulation as limitless as the octatrack, that would be amazing! Maybe I’ve missed something, but I think its something the hardware realm is missing :slight_smile: cheers elektron

Haven’t even received my DT I ordered and already I’m thinking about version 2. I so adore the form and function of the OP-1, would love to see Elektron use some of that tech in the DT.
Keep it the same footprint but make the chassis as thin as possible. Remove 1/4" and midi connections and replace with 1/8" and micro usb. Battery powered. Make a special Elektron USB/midi cable. And don’t forget the song mode.

Then make the Digitakt Studio, more outputs, multiple midi outs, stereo, time stretching etc. Basically replace the Octatrack.

1 Like

errm - no! the Digitakt is perfect the way it is.

3 Likes

Battery. Then it would be perfect :slight_smile:

sequenceable tube-powered 12 channel mixer like a vintage blue Neve desk only with parameter locks, midi, and 2 controllable voltage outputs

individual tube and transistor analog filter for each channel

outputs on the back as usual, but this time, inputs on the frontside

1 Like

heat mk2, so that I can pick up a second heat mk1 for cheap :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Monomachine in Digitakt/Heat Format. If we are about to express our wishes again :wink:

8 Likes

I keep thinking: re-release the monomachine as a six voice synth in the Digitakt form. Then pump it up to like 18 voices (still only six tracks with assignable polyphony) with individual outs in the big box. The small box would be fantastic for anyone looking to add a few synth tracks to their setup or pair it with the Digitakt or Heat for a complete compact desk setup. And the large box would give us a resounding triplet for the new form… Plus I want more digital synths.

I’d have a hard time picking which of the two to go with… Or just make the small box able to polychain.

2 Likes