What's next for Elektron?

If they were about to go bankrupt they would not write “we will bring non-discontinued machines to Superbooth”.

1 Like

the rest of the E-25s sold as is at superbooth, the grey function button never existed. :hatching_chick:

Have you tried this?

1 Like

Was that Willy Wonka thing official?

Yes, they announced it with the E25 specials
But someone must have won, probably kept it private (or don’t even know about the grey thing :sweat_smile: )

It would be cool if the new device had the grey function button and they announce it with the willy Wonka thing, that was the gift

Hmm I agree it seems likely that something sampler ish will show up.

I still need that digi sized performance mixer though.

How about we make this a fun prediction game?!

• Everyone lists as many things as they want (functionality / look and feel, colours, letters in name…)
  • These can’t be existing features or obvious all devices already have them ones
  • You get a point for every feature you guess correctly
  • You lose a point for every feature you guess incorrectly
  • Your latest prediction post will be counted so feel free to steal others’ ideas
  • If no new device is announced we mostly all lose unless you guess nothing will happen
3 Likes

yes, but nobody got one by today, at least no one who’s using this forum or any other like modwiggler etc etc

the question is….is it installed right away or is it a spare part in a lil zipper or combined with the tape…I would love to see someone unboxing that button. :eyes:

1 Like

Yes, Occam’s razor suggests that. I didn’t know about it (the gray golden ticket) either, although I had read about the anniversary s25 editions on amazonas.de and bonedo.de I got informed (about the golden ticket) here in the forum implicitly when talking about other stuff.

If in UK we could make a proper bet.

No reason Elektron couldn’t go to an Akai product model like MPCs with same OS in different hardware forms with different physical features and price points.

Imagine an affordable mid-tier box (between models and digis) with 8 tracks of mixed sampling and digital synthesis machines, then a more expensive box (more like flagship) with 16 tracks, more physical controls, individual outs or even further (and pricier) with an analog fx section.

1 Like

To be fair, every elektron instrument does real time audio processing. A filter is a real time audio processor of the internal audio sources. Doesn’t necessarily mean it will process external audio.

But either way I am excite

2 Likes

You sure that your technical probably correct approach and understanding of the phrase is really what they (could have) meant?

From my POV that would be such a broad definition of the phrase that it would become rather useless at least impractical.

Anyway, unless the great chess game surprises us with sudden chain reactions of events that turn up the heat too much or the power grid down, we will know with superbooth :wink:

1 Like

Elektrons booth space looks pretty big compared to yamahas, maybe they will be showcasing their own plate reverb or quantum computer (finally)

15 Likes

Whatever they come out with probably will have some audio ins for some kind processing anyway, so it’s a bit moot. And “real time audio processing” does seem like pretty standard language for a job listing working on devices/software such as these, low or zero latency for all DSP will be a requirement.

Common Elektron, I am ready for anything.

8 Likes

Fwiw elektron were recruiting a rust engineer to work on the new platform back in 2021.

If the forthcoming device is part of the next generation, makes me wonder whether a new polysynth will follow shortly to replace the digitone.

4 Likes

Digitakt MkII = Digitone MkII

3 Likes

rytm två

1 Like

OctaTract, vocals, chords and beatbox