What's next for Elektron?

TIME FOR MM+MD VST PORT

this body is clear complete sentence :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Hmm, I hope it will be more like a Digitakt max, that does everything sampling and will retire the Octatrack

That makes more sense to me

And I guess people will be able to load different machines on the new model, that they have to pay for. But those will be effects and sample based stuff

Then there will be a digi synth coming next with the same concept. Where you can buy and add fm, wavetable machines, effects a.s.o

Then they will release a mixer

And then they might also start another, more affordable introduction line that can compete with the cheaper synth toys around

2 Likes

Just to be clear, if there’s a DT MkII (I believe this will be the case) than there will be a DN MkII.

3 Likes

Would make sense to have a quick follow-up as folks will withhold purchasing the digitone in anticipation.

2 Likes

ah, ok. I thought you meant the digitakt will include a digitone

3 Likes

If digitakt Mk2 comes out in the next few months, I doubt Digitone mk2 will be at the same time. In fact, there may not be a vastly updated digitone mk2 at all, besides maybe the case and screen color refresh(assuming they permanently drop the yellow).

Digitone could just be sold as is alongside the Syntakt, which will absolutely not be getting an “mk2” model yet, only 2 years after its initial release.

Digitakt definitely could use the major cpu and feature upgrades for stereo sampling, but digitone is in less of a need for major updates as an FM synth imo.

2 Likes

no plans 4 mk2

Surely not. One hype at a time.

I always come for the laughs! I hope to just get here one day and cry out of happiness for something new actually coming.

1 Like

Only one month to go. Have you all started saving?

1 Like

Imagine there is some demand for a synth with more than 8 voices. Whether more voices on DN or stereo sampling on DT are really needed is questionable. At end of day elektron is is there to make profit, and part of that involves releasing new products. Judging by the frequency of new gear nowadays the market of middle aged hobbyists with disposable income hasn’t dried up yet :wink:

Sure, but i believe Elektron will at some point make a new box with a different form of synthesis altogether, to be sold alongside the digitone as is. It would definitely generate more excitement and sales over a digitone mk2 in a new case, with white screen and more voices.

While of course people would like more than 8 voices in the digitone, it would not be as big of a draw as stereo sampling in a digitakt mk2 would be, which has been consistently requested since the digitakt first released back in 2017.

If this upcoming new release is not just a digitakt mk2, it could also be a new modern flagship stereo sampler to replace both the digitakt and octatrack, which will absolutely sell boatloads more than a digitone mk2 with just a few more voices.

Not saying a digitone mk2 will never release, but I highly doubt it would be coming out this year, along with whatever new product is replacing the now discontinued digitakt. We shall see soon enough :wink:

3 Likes

I have to buy an octatrack MK2 but i don’t dare buying it for the moment, i have to wait until end of may but I don’t like waiting ahah :smile:

2 Likes

they gonna make the next one vertical since everybody knows what an actual tracker is now. Elektron been low key tracking this whole time at 90 degrees. get rotated

1 Like

This stuff is taking too long; rebought the digitakt :smiley:

8 Likes

This might sound silly but whatever they choose to release this year to replace the Digitakt, I hope they designed it so that it still looks great next to their current-gen gear. I’d hate feeling like my Syntakt represents the older and clunkier generation.

1 Like

Digitakt will not be replaced, it is the evergreen product, it does not make sense commercially

5 Likes

I sold mine, didn’t used it quite often anyway - octatrack or daw it is for me. :wink:
Times changed, Digitakt is for sure a future classic, buuuuut… I don’t think they go into 3.000,- and upwards territory anyway, so it had to go.

I’ve started selling, that’s my way of saving.

It’s almost funny for me to see how some gear are there temporarily in my home, as if they have their own little journey and my house was just some kind of stopover.

2 Likes

They sold so many DT I think there will be many available for good price at the used market for years.

2 Likes