What's next for Elektron?

“simple and powerful”… leans toward Model:,.

Feels like it’s for sure going to be some kind of Model:Synth, just wonder what synth architecture it will be.

Yeah, don’t forget the word “powerful” though, not saying it isn’t a model something or whatever. When I think powerful, ar comes to mind. I think it will be different

What’s our track record like for being correct about these sort of things, (such as the next product being a “model: synth”, or a “battery handle”)?

Also, generally speaking, do Elektron often surprise us?

1 Like

They really do often surprise us. I doubt anyone predicted the Digitone before it’s arrival (maybe a companion synth for the Digitakt but not the box of joy it turned out to be). I highly doubt anyone predicted the Analog Heat, but many now swear by it as essential to their setup. Even the Analog range coming out after the purely digital SidStation, Machinedrum, Monomachine and Octatrack. That’s part of their greatness. People who were well into the Elektron way of doing things we’re disappointed with model:samples, but if it brings new people into the fold and keeps profits high enough for more boxes of awesomeness, I’m all for it. So, yeah, they are wildly unpredictable unless something comes along that predicts a companion unit in some way. Hence everyone expecting a synth to partner model:samples very soon.

6 Likes

@sazi did in January 2017, just as the Digitakt was being announced:

8 Likes

@sazi would you mind predicting an Octatrack MKIII please?

6 Likes

Nice! So, what’s next, @sazi ? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not what I want, but a companion for the Model:Samples seems logical, a Model:Tone even more.

Same OS but white with triangle buttons? :sketchy:

4 Likes

A DN eurorack module would be nice - cv mayhem - Elektron sequencer included of course.

A " Euroburo " version.

2 Likes

And foot control ready!

Perfect. Will sell Ableton Live 10 Suite when that happens.

Yeah, a M:S companion seems logical, they will benefit from that to announce the battery handle for both M:S models and there you have it, 2020.

I think they will do a M:S synth in the microfreak mold. Elektron always finds a way to make it interestingly weird and addictive so it will have a few tricks up its sleeve.

3 Likes

That would be brilliant actually! A sort of new monomachine, with an updated sequencer! That would be an instant buy for me!

1 Like

Digibridge

1 Like

I would doubt a New model:whatever given that the model:samples is on massive sellout everywhere. If it was selling well prices would not go down. All the other boxes are pretty consistent in terms of pricing.

It would be a bizarre name choice if there weren’t more planned things in the model series. I’d say it’s almost certain there will be more

3 Likes

it’s entrylevel. It’s like the free candy (our mothers warned us about)

I’d wager its selling very well since the lower €299 price. a much better suited price imo. might very well pick one up in the near future.

I guess they might test how cheap works best for mass sales of future products. That takes some time.

Most elektron boxes drop a lot from their initial rsp, so this isn’t super surprising. They also go back up as well - iirc the DT went up £100-ish at the end of 2018.

Might not be a bad strategy to drop the price, bring more people on board, add a new feature (battery handle? Software feature? New model:synth?) that those new customers rave about, then bump the price back up a bit.