What's next for Elektron?

Model:DigiPro would be cool.

• Individual Step Length per track
  • Individual Tempo Multiplier per track
  • Class compliant USB audio 2.0
  • 6 Synth tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
  • 1 × Resonant multimode filter per track
  • 1 × Assignable LFO per track
  • 1 x Delay per track

DIGIPRO WAVE “DPRO-WAVE”
DIGIPRO BEAT BOX “DPRO-BBOX”
DIGIPRO DOUBLEDRAW “DPRO-DDRW”
DIGIPRO ENSEMBLE “DPRO-DENS”

3 Likes

Would be a great box but putting a “DIGIPRO” anything in the Model:X category would be awfully confusing because:

A: The “Digi” Prefix has been more widely adapted to their midrange boxes.
B: Having “Pro” on the Model:X series would frustrate consumers who want it to have Overbridge, multiple outputs, etc.

It sounds like you want a Monomachine with the more modern sequencer.
Have you tried sequencing the Monomachine with an Octatrack?

1 Like

Model:Performer - a Model Samples for live performance.

• DJ-style FX like SP-404
  • Pattern directions/randomize like Squid
  • Lock states like Maschine

All for $199 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like someone else was mentioning on other thread, all the elektron boxes seem to have a companion except the Octatrack if you look at the history. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make another entry level model type box before they do anything else

1 Like

Coming back from time to time … still looking for the Mixer i once proposed in a Video about new Elektron Gear …

I really hope they make a full fledged, full featured machine again. After all the Digi and Model releases in the last years - it’s about time for something big again. It really is.

9 Likes

The mixer should be Digi-Sized though! Just with 6 inputs and 6 outputs (for FX send/return) or something like that. And should be a “Overbridge” in the box to extract the tracks from the other Digis. Which means: 2 USB ports at least and 1 USB-C for the computer with passthrough for the Overbridge VSTs.

1 Like

Great Idea! Give it USB-Host functionality, let it natively run the OB Driver and enable it to “collect” the OB enabled Units with their individual Tracks … while offering additional Inputs at the same time to work like a “normal” Mixer too. Add all the stuff i mentioned in my Video 2 years ago - this would be Killer!

I would spend 2 Grands for that. I promise!

1 Like

I’d go for a simple Model:Looper

No pickup machines to fuss with it and set up, built in cross fader just for looping transitions.
Simple as can be, but add FX with p-lockable sequencer.
Give it a hi-z input for guitarists, in order to expand market appeal.
Maybe a master compressor/limiter with HPF SC since it would probably be last in the chain anyway.

Take my hard earned $299 please!

12 Likes

Yep, I’d also be in the queue for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Model:Chiptune!

2 Likes

Already exists as the Liven 8-Bit Warps, so your idea has been confirmed as a good one!

1 Like

Honestly something like this with 4 stereo in pairs and maybe an option for THRU/LOOP machines. I think at the original price of the samples that would make sense (thru and loop).

A solid mixer/fx/playback machine for less Elektron focused gear would be such a cool box…

Here’s to hoping the Model:Loops is a thing though. Loop trigs on the fly with xfader would be bonkers at 299

4 Likes

Nice. I can just imagine pairing that with OT for 4 extra loopers whenever needed and mangling things back and forth. No need for Overbridge with all that going on. Bring it on, Elektron! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

The announcement of the Official stable OB with « dreams come true » updates for DN and DT.

2 Likes

Someone on this thread said that model samples has no companion.
That is true, and also the fact that its price stays down since black friday may suggest that Elektron wants us to be tempted to get one, paving the way for its little companion to be released at some point.

I have to say that I sold mine after less than a year of use because I found it overlapping with a lot of gear I already had.
However I bought it again with its price change because it became more appealing at a third of the digitakt’s price.

I honestly believe that Elektron may be looking at releasing a sort of take on the Microfreak to go with the M:S.
That would be all I wish for personally. A compact companion that wouldnt break the bank and that would be a sort of melodic friend to the M:S.

Either that or they finally release Overbridge as its final ‘non beta’ state and it breathes a new wind of life in our studios.

Or even they ditch Overbridge completely to make everything USB class compliant and it becomes mayhem and they sell out everything :wink:

who knows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of the 5 available synths on the MonoMachine, the DIGIPRO seemed to make the most sense for a Model:X device. I think it would pair nicely with a Model:Samples.

It wouldn’t be in competition with the Digitone like a Model:FM+ would be.
An updated workflow on how a user creates and switches out various waveforms on the unit would be great.
I will add that it would be cool if it had the SID style arpeggiator.

Cheers.

I own a MonoMachine and a Digitakt, I do not own an Octatrack.

Say if elektron did release a mnm and md, wouldn’t that make dn/dt and a4/ar redundant?
I personally want something new, like a performance mixer

1 Like

Elektron Vaccine would come in handy

Not sure why it would make the other boxes redundant. They’re all out there and not really competing with each other. But, yes, performance mixer with lots of ins would be awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

True, I could see them being more money than the rytm if this did happen.

1 Like