What's next for Elektron?

Let’s hope that is not the case!

1 Like

I would pay a little premium for that black finish! So nice.

1 Like

Polyphonic granular looper

Something like a mashup of the Tasty Chips GR-1 and the Octatrack that allows for synced and unsynced looping/overdubbing as well as granular polyphonic synthesis. Imagine playing a loop and slowly spreading its grains out so it washes over you in an ambient cloud that can be timestretched, pitchshifted, and played back polyphonically with a keyboard!

2 Likes

OT can do that, with incoming signal. I’m working on it with radio as source.
Less grains of course, but very interesting possibilities. 8 voices polyphony possible with a keyboard and a midi processor.

Like this? I did it a couple of years ago and I improved technics.

More recent, but washing well I think. :smile:

8 Likes

Both these are very cool, and definitely are headed towards the type of sounds I’m think of. Am I right in assuming your using reverb and delay to achieve the layering effects? Have you tried doing polyphonic stuff like you described?

I’m on it! :slightly_smiling_face:
A poly Cowbell example (played with a keyboard +OT)

OT Science Lab - 1 year study - 11 - More Cowbell :cb:

5 Likes

I just realised that I would like to have a polyphonic sampler/wavetable synth from Elektron. A sampler where you could decide to lock start and end point to their distance between eachother and their position with one knob, so you could go from microsampling/wavetable to mangling of bigger samples if you desire.
For the rest of it’s synth features I would be content in the vain of Digitone and A4 where you have 4 tracks, with 1 filter and 2 lfo’s per track. The same fx and so on.
Of course this is just the basic idea. I really want a polyphonic sampler. MPC Live and Deluge I know about. I just Don’t like how they look and the Live’s case and encoders are made of plastic. Feels a bit cheap to me. And If elektron made what I described, then it would most likely be for around the price of a Digitone. Unless they would tage it further into OT teotory, which would also be great.

1 Like

Yep, I have the same desire. I’m actually considering developing something myself, as all the current options on the market are either not quite the system I want to work with (like you said, MPC/Deluge) or part of some workstation that I don’t have the space or money for (e.g. Yamaha MODX).

I basically want the equivalent of the JV1080 but with the ability to load custom samples. Maybe not even as complex.

1 Like

Maybe you want the MC707? It has a lot of those JV/XV sounds and that same Roland rompler synthesis engine and sampling. I don’t see Elektron making this particular wish come true though.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe. Something about Roland product design in the past er… 10 years or so just doesn’t sit right with me though.

Also yeah, I don’t think it’s something that sits within Elektron’s design philosophy, as with many of the ideas in this thread.

Granular/Video synthesizer combo

4 Likes

I’ve sold all my Elektron gear…

I tried out a Roland MC-707 and returned it due to poor build quality.

Right now I have a Novation Summit and Moog Matriarch with no gas in sight as I resist the Eurorack Beast.

Ball’s in your court Elektron. I want something with crystalline modern sound, or creamy vintage sound, no more in betweens.

I’d love to see a semi modular that’s patchable with external gear. Something like the zoia but with a ridiculous amount of I.O and the Elektron sequencer.

I could see an FM Rytm being released, with the obvious popularity of the Digitone/keys, porting the fm engine to a percussion unit would make all the sense, and fill the void left by the Machinedrum. Of course I would love to see a product in the “octa” vein, updated time stretch, effects etc, but I would love to see more sample machines…a return of the Monomachines Digi machines would be very welcomed, maybe including versions that allow for multiple sample layering. With Elektron returning to their digital roots, I can imagine some familiar but exciting twists to their product lines. I personally feel the Octatrack was ahead of its time, a slow burn product, that now I feel can finally take its crown, I hope we see at least conceptually a new product built on the octatracks strengths and pushed forward.

2 Likes

Digitone seems pretty crystalline to me.

6 Likes

Probably why it’s my favorite modern Elektron box! Considering picking one up again… I need something to get me OTB now and then and right now I don’t have anything that grooves.

A synth based drum machine would be awesome. Right now I’m using my rytm this way.

2 Likes

Get you a digitone keys, you’ll love it, I had the desk top, and liked it…I then purchased the digikeys and couldn’t go back to the desktop model, whether you’re looking to write beats or have it pull synth duty (or both) the upgraded interface and keys change how you work with it completely.

2 Likes

get you a Machinedrum

3 Likes

Whatever is next for elektron, if it doesn’t have eq per track, they don’t listen to their customers. It better have this…