What's next for Elektron?

Yep, I have the same desire. I’m actually considering developing something myself, as all the current options on the market are either not quite the system I want to work with (like you said, MPC/Deluge) or part of some workstation that I don’t have the space or money for (e.g. Yamaha MODX).

I basically want the equivalent of the JV1080 but with the ability to load custom samples. Maybe not even as complex.

1 Like

Maybe you want the MC707? It has a lot of those JV/XV sounds and that same Roland rompler synthesis engine and sampling. I don’t see Elektron making this particular wish come true though.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe. Something about Roland product design in the past er… 10 years or so just doesn’t sit right with me though.

Also yeah, I don’t think it’s something that sits within Elektron’s design philosophy, as with many of the ideas in this thread.

Granular/Video synthesizer combo

4 Likes

I’ve sold all my Elektron gear…

I tried out a Roland MC-707 and returned it due to poor build quality.

Right now I have a Novation Summit and Moog Matriarch with no gas in sight as I resist the Eurorack Beast.

Ball’s in your court Elektron. I want something with crystalline modern sound, or creamy vintage sound, no more in betweens.

I’d love to see a semi modular that’s patchable with external gear. Something like the zoia but with a ridiculous amount of I.O and the Elektron sequencer.

I could see an FM Rytm being released, with the obvious popularity of the Digitone/keys, porting the fm engine to a percussion unit would make all the sense, and fill the void left by the Machinedrum. Of course I would love to see a product in the “octa” vein, updated time stretch, effects etc, but I would love to see more sample machines…a return of the Monomachines Digi machines would be very welcomed, maybe including versions that allow for multiple sample layering. With Elektron returning to their digital roots, I can imagine some familiar but exciting twists to their product lines. I personally feel the Octatrack was ahead of its time, a slow burn product, that now I feel can finally take its crown, I hope we see at least conceptually a new product built on the octatracks strengths and pushed forward.

2 Likes

Digitone seems pretty crystalline to me.

6 Likes

Probably why it’s my favorite modern Elektron box! Considering picking one up again… I need something to get me OTB now and then and right now I don’t have anything that grooves.

A synth based drum machine would be awesome. Right now I’m using my rytm this way.

2 Likes

Get you a digitone keys, you’ll love it, I had the desk top, and liked it…I then purchased the digikeys and couldn’t go back to the desktop model, whether you’re looking to write beats or have it pull synth duty (or both) the upgraded interface and keys change how you work with it completely.

2 Likes

get you a Machinedrum

3 Likes

Whatever is next for elektron, if it doesn’t have eq per track, they don’t listen to their customers. It better have this…

well, the mc-101 has it. lol

2 Likes

Silverdrum :smile: :+1:t3:

:sleepy:

5 Likes

Just a little wish That Elektron made a MIDI Utility Box that had multiple ins and outs. a multitrack MIDI sequencer, 3 LFOs per track, Transport Control, Easy and Accessible Tempo Control and Ableton Link connected inside the box… Basically an Octatrack that has no Audio functions and enhanced MIDI capability to be used as a MASTER Tempo and Transport Control. What do Ya’ll Think about that? Would you buy one?

7 Likes

The ultimate Elektron sequencer with a 4 voice polyphonic track for each of the 16 channels of midi and a stupid amount of modulation possibilities would be amazing. Combine that with a 16 channel audio mixer with multiple sequenceable effects on each track and it would be an instant buy for many

1 Like

A polyphonic sampler based on the octatrack is what I’m dreaming of, too… the PolyTrack… with true polyphonic midi sequencing. Praying to the Swedish gods :pray:

7 Likes

Hehe. I just bought an Akai s3200 at an affordable price. Not the same, but it’s a poly sampler :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh damn that thing is HUGE ha ha… old poly keyboard samplers are always beckoning me… especially ensoniq models, I just don’t have the room