What's next for Elektron?

I can understand if you only have those, but it’s not ergonomic with other Elektron former/digis size!

9 Likes

I am waiting for the stand alone sequencer in digitakt size

YES! They’ve gotta do a MD mk3 - it just has to be. I’ll send them the money now!

3 Likes

“They’ve gotta do a MD mk3 - it just has to be.”

If you take a close look at the machines inside the MD there is already a big overlap in the current line.

• TRX machines = Analog Rytm
  • EFM machines = Digitone
  • E12 machines = Octatrack / Digitakt
  • ROM/RAM machines = Octatrack / Digitakt

Only the P-I machines are missing in the current Elektron line up.

Since I don’t have the MD anymore I use the Clavia Nord Drum for this.

Anyway if Elektron comes with a new digital concept with some P-I DNA I’m in :smiley:

5 Likes

Right here it works perfect

9 Likes

And you have the oldest Elektron with another form factor! :content:
You need a Model:Sample.

I would be all over an Octatrack with a pair of stereo outputs per channel, either physical or via usb. Having to bounce 4 channels at a time is what convinced me to sell mine in the end.

2 Likes

Neat cabling right there! I really should sort mine out…

I reckon Elektron could probably pull off something completely off the wall like a P-Lockable patchbay with a sequencer that could be used to send audio out to different outputs on every click / do crazy input switching stuff to feed FX units.

2 Likes

You make some excellent points! It would need to be more than a simple replacement. Perhaps it could be an Octa/MD/some other crazy thing hybrid. I’m hoping for something regardless :slight_smile:

I would buy that product!

1 Like

I would also like to see a digital drum machine. But I new spin on it not a MD MK3

1 Like

I like the box form factor of the dark trinity, but when you go back and look at those designs now they seem dated and kinda ugly.

I agree the octratrack mk II is the best scenario - better design choices but old form factor.

3 Likes

yea personally I never liked the black trinity looks wise. the silver boxes however imo still look as amazing as ever.
silvers & otmk2 ftw :)/

1 Like

Next is darker 100% matte black. Even serigraphy.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see them do a collab with another company… not sure if that is really elektrons style but DSI + elektron would be probably an item of my dreams. DSI already collaborates with pioneer but I think the match is a little off. DSI with elektron though :money_mouth_face: I also think there is room in the market for more small high quality performance mixer, potentially a digi sized tracker/mixer with some extra mastering features would fill out the digi line up quite well especially if it used usb audio to let you eq tracks separately. All these are pretty lofty wishes though. I mostly expect to see a synth in the model samples range next.

2 Likes

Yes, I think the red text on the dark trinity does look a bit dated, compared to the other designs, a very common colour theme in 80’s hifi etc, (not a bad thing) I did like the round buttons though, on the very first Octatrack pre release pictures it had black knobs and buttons, very nice looking:

Still, I think the MKII looks even nicer.

2 Likes

Whilst on the subject of aesthetics, I really wish Elektron would sell optional custom parts, like different knob colours, maybe even faceplates, button caps etc. The inclusion of stickers with M:S is sort of a step in this direction that would be nice to expand upon, and I definitely feel that Elektron gear has that satisfaction of ownership where people like to customise it.

9 Likes

them black buttons & encoders are well nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sure. :pl:

Octatrack alternate colours (photoshop template)

14 Likes