Whats going on with Youtube?

In the last year i have noticed a disturbing trend. I used to get adverts on a video(popular) once in a while. Now i’m getting one maybe two every upload. Whats worse is they are now at the start. Now i know they have to rake in the money. But its getting to the point where i’m thinking of ditching youtube as its unwatchable due to the plethora of ads thrown at me. Soon there will be more ads than video content.

40 Likes

yeah it’s unbearable on mobile. there’s a good addblock plugin on chrome that works.

7 Likes

Please share. I need this in my life. It’s getting unbearable.

5 Likes

Thanks. I often watch it on my PS4 which unfortunately doesnt have this feature.

2 Likes

It’s getting pretty crap tbh. The algos are terrible, after every video I watch it’ll just start playing Joe Rogan…

@craig

12 Likes

I’ve definitely noticed a massive increase in the last couple of months.
Where I used to see like 1 advert at the start of every couple of videos, I now get 2 at the start of pretty much every video and at least another 1 in the middle of the video, usually more.
It’s pissing me off if I’m honest.
I’m guessing they’re trying to push everyone into YouTube premium

10 Likes

Which is another source of frustration. Having to click No Thanks nearly every time the app is reloaded!

11 Likes

Been on Pemium for a few years, a blessing for the whole family. Google music included when I subscribed, not sure if that’s still the case.

Did not realise it has adverts even :rofl:

Paying to not view them,… what a world :man_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

What’s the worst is when an awesome DJ set is interrupted with some ad for Trump or medication with terrible side effects every four minutes. Makes it unlistenable.

18 Likes

…that’s the point…they want to push their premium offer…

the days of free and all for free internet are counted…not funny…as most stuff these days…

5 Likes

Last night i had Ellie Goulding several times. Not good. The Midi pack.ffs. And plenty of Honey.

5 Likes

I’m just really fucking sick of the Audible guy.

3 Likes

The Midi Pack guy makes me want to stop using Midi altogether.

45 Likes

Premium is very much worth it IMO. I’m much happier to just pay for the service than being force fed ads that I don’t want to see.

Don’t think I could use it without removing the ads now.

11 Likes

Fuck that guy.

13 Likes

You got a genuine lol out of me there :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve just started the premium trial.
Still seem to get music with it, so might cancel Spotify if it’s any good.

1 Like

Have you got it yet.

29 Likes

I’ve had Premium for quite a while now. Don’t think I could go back now.
The music app is pretty crappy though. Nowhere near as complete as Spotify and the interface is pretty horrible.

yea i did that. couldn’t stand them fkn ads no more. utube music is grand. switched from Spotify for an easier life :partying_face: