What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

If they do this and get it right with a good fast song mode I’d buy it asap!

Digital FM synth, complex and innovative like FM8. Maybe 4 tracks, like analog four. What makes it so special? The fact that the variables of the fm-system can be locked. The sequencer can be used as part of the sound design like on the A4, but with FM. I’m might be biased, because I played a few hours with FM8 and created sounds I never ever heard before, I’m not talking about the usual fm stuff, it’s like endless possibilities, a bit like modular systems! One thing that makes fm8 so special is the fact that you can create your own algorithms in a matrix like system and the way ho w the whole system works.

2 Likes

An area not 100% explored in hardware synthesis is physical modelling.
Some great VST and euro modules e.g. plonk, rings, elements but not too much in standalone hardware synths.
Would love a synth focused on physical modelling, as well as FM

11 Likes

Agree! And additive synthesis imho. Some additive vst have pretty impressive sounds.

The more I think about it the more Id actually like to see Elektron try their hand at something like the monotribe (A much overlooked piece of genius design IMHO).

• Mono synth, with one knob per function.
  • 3 or 4 drum channels with 1 or 2 tweakable parameters per drum.
  • Mix distortion, reverb & delay with very simple parameters
  • Portable with batter power.

I think that would be a really interesting thing to see.

3 Likes

10/10 would buy!

I’d like to see them release something as cool as they usually do and have this forum not immediately start a feature request thread before the damn things even hit store shelves.

5 Likes

Why not?
Better to let them know what we want as early as possible, hopefully before it’s finished

2 Likes

Elektron physmod synth would be dreamy.

1 Like

I must admit I am not a huge fan of additive synthesis.
Mostly I end up scratching my head wondering why the hell a sound sounds the way it does. Purely my ignorance as my brain is programmed in mainly subtractive synthesis i.e. the opposite basically.
Have had some good results with Razor, although I sometimes have nightmares of back in the mid 90’s when I owned the granddaddy of additive, the mighty kawai k5000.
Was actually my first hardware synth. Talk about straight in the deep end. Sounded pretty good but holy shit didn’t have a clue what the hell I was doing.
In my defence don’t think many did with that beast :grinning:

2 Likes

I would hope for black boxes, imho they look cooler on the desk. Feature wise Fm or wave table, ideally a sampler which can genrate those tables…or wavetable plus fm synthesis, hybrid should work. With wavetable editor on the device, chaining curves… and thunderbolt audio port and aes plus audio out per track. Its xmas :grin:Full size box would be cool.

What gear would I like to see Elektron do next? I would like them to make me an Italian sandwich with mortadella, capicollo or ham, salami, and possibly something else. I like tomato, onion, and lettuce, with oregano and a vinaigrette. Maybe some pickled peppers. I would like it delivered to my house when my wife is not home, and I would like a doctor standing by to check my blood pressure while I eat the sandwich.

The world is yours!

4 Likes

Your making me hungry. :joy:
There’s often requested a coffee maker with toaster sync, I’m starting to think a waffle maker…

WE ARE ELEKTRON. WE DELIVER SANDWICHES AND MAKE HI-TECH KITCHEN GEAR

1 Like

Digital Mind, Analog Soulfood

1 Like

Eurorack sequencer

1 Like

Mono or poly sandwich though?

I forgot to mention provolone cheese, so I think that makes it poly.

1 Like

I had the same struggle with FM synthesis. But with the FM8 Plugin i started to get it. I never understand the additive method, but maybe there is a way to make it a little more intuitive.
I just think we already have enough subtractive synths to choose from, it would be cool if we had some gear that allows really new sounds.

1 Like

Yes we are at a point where companies have to start looking and thinking outside the square in synthesis and design, to make it worthwhile and interesting. This is the main reason I got back into euro recently.
Didn’t really want to, but it really is where the innovation is happening in synthesis.

1 Like

Exactly! Otherwise, we will only get more reissues of synths we already know.

There are so many cool modules for Euro rack, but itˋs just too expensive for me. I use the „Reaktor“ software sometimes, and itˋs really awesome. But the companys need too create something for a broad market, otherwise hardware synths will die in the worst case. For me, It’s already hard to justify a new hardware synth that costs more then a couple of really great plugins and can do less things.

Maybe I should just buy a really small case and put some innovative modules in it. But I know myself too good. It would be the start of something I couldn’t control and after filling the first modular case, i probably would buy more and more until no money is left :wink:
Guess in my case, it’s better to just use Reaktor and hope that someone at NAMM show something special we don’t already know. Maybe some small company. As example the firm “tasty chips” with there granular synths. Even if I don’t see myself being able to use it to make music (ok maybe for pad sounds :thinking: ) the idea I really like!

1 Like