What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

And they’d be damn fools not to make that happen.

3 Likes

I see them coming out with a dedicated bass synth with similar engines of the MnM- but exclusively dedicated to bass synthesis.

Could be interesting.

A manbag

oh wait…

DT MK2 with overbridge, less bugs, less shiny LEDs, wireless Ableton Link & CV/Gate outs!
:heart_eyes:

…and analog filters…

I will second the folks saying a Digitakty form factor synth. A super HQ multi fx box in the same format would be sick too

3 Likes

Anatakt? :thinking:

Not even no bugs, just less please! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can we agree that, what ever it will be: Give it the same size as the Octatrack or if smaller, the size of the Digitakt? Because boxes parallel and in perfect formation to each other’s need the same dimensions, everyone knows that.Maaaaaybe I have just a little OCD, but i really have problems when i saw the MKII versions of the A4 and RYTM! I don’t even start about the fact of that it’s hard to Color match boxes when Elektron introduces new ones on they lovely MKII models.

I can’t agree to that.

One thing I dislike about the DT’s size is its encoders are slightly closer together than all other Elektrons, even the old silvers and the black mk1s.
Easy to accidentally bump another encoder, especially with how much more sensitive the new ones are.

1 Like

I dont own a DT only a OT mkII and the A4. For me, those have the perfect size. Its really just my ocd coming through :wink:

1 Like

Yea, not letting go of my OT MK2 or AR MK1 any time soon.

2 Likes

I hated the size of the Digitakt. It was one of the reasons I sold it. I’d originally envisaged it as my lap/sofa jamming unit, but the dimensions made it uncomfortable to place and use on my lap. I knew within less than 20 minutes it was doomed for that purpose.

Something _like_a monomachine mkii. Digital, som FM action… maybe a kind of hybrid with analog filters. Something a bit quirky like the MnM.

1 Like

I’d like to see elektrons take on the MPC. 16 full sized pads, drum sampling, FM and VA synthesis.

2 Likes

Me too. But i’d want a linear sequencer with plocks.

1 Like

Bingo! If they released those i’d buy it again.

Seriously though, i had to keep my legs so tightly closed i kept squashing my ballbag.

I suppose i could’ve put something wider underneath to support it.

But ultimately i HATE step sequencers, so it had to go. The size was simply the straw that broke the Camels’ balls.

3 Likes

I’d love a smaller desktop unit, drum/synth voices, no sequencer. Like an Elektron Nord Drum to complement their other sequencers.

I’ll guess they do show even smaller portable stuff this year at Namm like Elektrons version of a boutique/Volcas

Wait did you just answer this thread with the same thing that YOU started the thread with?? That is gold :smiley:

Btw totally agree on the MPC thing, Elektron could smash the MPC/Maschine market if they wanted.

16 Pads with note repeat/16 levels
Timestretch
Chop Lab
Scene fader from Octatrack
Bigger OLED screen for sample chopping
multiple outputs
expansion storage support (SD card)

Now if they also added the machinedrum engines and some monomachine engines… WOW this thing would be a dream machine.

They nailed the quick sampling workflow with the Digitakt, all they need are mute groups, slice chop mode, and stereo sampling.

I would sell every music machine I have for this if they ever release one… well everything except the OP1.

3 Likes