What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

yeah, I’d be into this. Even if it was just a Digitakt with polyphony and tweaked filters.

1 Like

Not really. I’m talking a lot more neighbour track-track logic & modulation. And, a more machinedrum approach, with various machines (modules) that one can configure how they like, dependent on dsp & analogue hardware limits.

with patchpoints in & out of the box, so you could feed it with an oscillator from outside the elektron and fm the filter, or vca, or sound lock or whatever you wanted.

that kind of thing.

1 Like

That would be cool! Especially if they could do a Mother 32 sorta thing and interact with each other in some way- give the bu8yers a legitimate reason to buy multiples.

I’ve been thinking of picking up an old kurzweil to pair with digitakt and OT. They are pretty damn cheap these days compared to what they can do. $500-$600 for a sampler, digital modular, and live fx processing.

2 Likes

im still saying OverHub MK2…space grey + holographic elektron logo, maybe a retractable kevlar USB cable to make justify a large price increase. SOLD!!!

I would like to see a Reverb/delay unit similar to the heat.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t wanna buy one at the Heat price point, but there seems to be a gap in the market for flexible, good-quality stereo compression/limiting in a smaller-than-rack format.

1 Like

I was considering a k2500rs a few years ago and decided it was a little more than I wanted to pay at the time.

And now a couple years on they’ve doubled in price and I still want one.

1 Like

Octatrack 2

96Khz sample rate
analogue EQ’s and Filter
midi, CV i/o, USB overbridge at 96 Khz
Analogue overdrive.

3 Likes

:’) look nice

1 Like

a 6-track tube-driven sequencing mixer, each pair of mono inputs able to have the second slaved to the first so the unit could behave like a 3-track stereo input mixer. 3 band eq’s for all channels.

mixer could be enhanced with individual track reverb, the Digitakt’s reverb taken next level. Circuitry Global compressor with Valley People vintage compressor modelling and Mid-Side input options. Maintain dry signal so as to mix in the amount of dry signal and wet signal from different controls.

Simple yet effective chorus similar to the original blue Boss guitar pedal chorus.

Flange modelling of the vintage Smallstone phase pedal.

Touch-Wah modelling of the Q-Tron guitar pedal.

Separate global multiband compressor after the analogue compressor.

circuitry and valve arrangement similar to the vintage blue 12 channel Neve mixer.

Also a midi/cv analogue sequencer, with a sequencing matrix like the Matrixbrute with as many steps, and new breed conditional trigs to 3 interactive levels.

1 Like

Whatever the do, I hope they go back to the original design aesthetic. One of the reasons I’m not gonna get any of the MKII stuff is due to the way it throws off the Elektron vibe. Honestly, one of the things that draws me to the devices is how sleep and fantastic they look. The A4 and Rytm MKII look ugly to me, and the OTmkii being a different size throws off how they all look together.

1 Like

A camo gig bag for DT.

3 Likes

The A4 has some modular-like qualities, but once you really get into modular you realise how unbelievably open-ended even just a few modules can be. Something like the A4 is great, but always ultimately pushes you down a defined signal path.

2 Likes

funny thing is, from what I can tell, all the k2000-k2600 are priced the same, regardless of if they are rack or keyboard. I’d also probably throw one of those usb floppy emulators in there just to not have to deal with old storage mediums.

Interesting! It’s quite the opposite for me! Predictability and perfection - that’s the way the boxes appearing to me.

I don’t know what a K2600rs goes for, but the last K2600 keyboard I saw on eBay (three or four months ago) was around $1100 USD! I thought the K2500 keyboards with the sampling option were around $600 back when the rack equivalent was $250-$300 but I haven’t been paying attention to the keyboards and the racks kind of fell off my radar when they broke $400. A friend of mine whose main instrument is a K2000rs mentioned recently that the 2000 and the 2500 are still essentially the same price as one another.

At any rate, those things are really impressive instruments, even today, especially the 2600 with all of the extra modularity to the architecture - that one is almost like a modular system in a box.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much a fence sitter in this, my ideal is a semimodular setup where there is a default signal flow so you can make useful sounds without any patching but have a lot of patching options available if you need them.

So basically, an Arp 2600 with all of the extra patching mods that can be added is my ideal in terms of workflow.

hm if i could wish for anything, (and if it was my company) i would love to produce a synthesizer like the Access Virus TI2 with the sequencer of an OT and running 64 tracks like on the Octatrack…

sequencing 64 tracks of the best digital synthesizer there is… what would be missing?
maybe with sampling options hahhahaa
so slap a Virus TI together with an Octatrack and expand its tracks to 64 - DO IT!!! take my money i want to end my GAS for once and for all!

3 Likes

I’d love the functionality of the Monomachine in the form factor of the Digitakt. That would be incredible.

3 Likes