What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I just want a Digitakt MK II with a built in rechargeable battery, and class-compliant audio over USB (for iOS).

If Elektron released a dedicated sequencer, I think it could be great. Now that MIDI 2.0 is in prototype phase, I hope Elektron is doing something with that.

I just recently bought a Pyramid, after giving up the wait for Cirklon. For my workflow, centralized sequencing is very helpful. Iā€™m tired of sequencing on each Elektron box. That being said, I love the Elektron sequencer. If I could sequence my Rytm, Keys, and Octatrack from one box, that would be a game changer for me. At present, I still sequence each Elektron instrument from its internal sequencer, and simply use MIDI for sync. As you can imagine, building up song mode on each machine is tedious. The Machinedrum and Monomachine I sequence from Pyramid without any issue, though. If I could bring the speed and power of plocks to a dedicated sequencer, Iā€™d buy right now.

i would like a standalone elektron midi sequencer/mixer - with 6 mono inputs or 3 stereo inputs. analogue overdrive, compressor, panning per channel. and a stereo aux fx send and return

same form factor as the digitakt but better midi sequencing workflow/os - imagine the bastard lovechild of a squarp pyramid, boss km-60, and digitakt

1 Like

Heat MK3 ?!

1 Like

Tenner bets they release something new at Superbooth. it being in Berlin n all, home of their new office.

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

digibass

I fear: Model: Poly. Dumbed down Digitone in Model form factor, with knob per function and without sound locks.

1 Like

if the next release is another model: weā€™re done for :sweat_smile:

Maybe have a look at Novation SL mk3ā€¦
I find it really useful, and use it for sequencerless synths :slight_smile:
It can plock !

3 Likes

I have the (now quite old) Novation SL 37. Itā€™s still a great controller, but having that CV out on the new one would be quite handy. :thinking: Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll check it out.

Fingers crossed for a full mk3 line with minimal changes and a new colour scheme, maybe triangular buttons

2 Likes

I want the Model:DOC actually.

Digital recreation of the Ensoniq DOC chip (FPGA perhapsā€¦) with an SSI2144 based filter per voice.

It would basically be a Super SQ-80 in a small box with lots of knobs.

Make it so.

(with Elektronā€™s SID heritage this makes lots of sense)

1 Like

Model analogue drum machine but please have separate outs and full pitch and decay control per voice.

With Superbooth coming up, I feel itā€™s a good time to start the rumor mill again and let imagination run wild. I would love to see a polyphonic (fā€™loads of voices, please) keyboard sampler the size of the MK2s with high quality sequencable FX, internal resampling and support for high precision sample playback point modulation. Basically, an OP-1 on steroids.

1 Like

md303mk5.2uw

1 Like

Noooo! After that last hype buildup and dramatic letdownā€¦I canā€™t do it again. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah something like a modern take on the Korg Microsampler plus Elektron sequencer/magic wound be very cool.

Just anything to stop my thinking of the Moog Matriarch would be welcomeā€¦

2 Likes

Minilogue XD? :smiley:

1 Like

Semimodular polysynth without memories.

Iā€™d go with a proper digitone / octatrack child.

1 Like