What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Love my microsampler . It’s the only bit of gear I worry about breaking and never be able to replace .

3 Likes

No toys from Elektron-something in Octatrack 2 Form factor would be great. The market is saturated with toys the last thing the world needs is another one

4 Likes
  1. I would love some kind of performance mixer/sequencer/audio interface with plenty of I/O and overbridge.
    maybe something in the DIGI-format that would be chainable so if I wanted more I/O, I could just buy another one and expand my mixer/sequencer capabilities.

2. A Model:SYNTH that kind of does VA (micromonsta, AccessVirus, etc) but with extensive internal routing and modulation matrix( Empress ZOIA )

3. A 4voice FM eurorack module. (think of a really stripped down version of the Digitone maybe without the filter section). I think they nailed the FM workflow and made it super accessible.

4. (I’d be happy with an octatrack mk3 with more I/0 and effects per channel too!)

1 Like

yesss for mixer and model:synth :slight_smile:

I’d like to see Elektron make a lego approach to their boxes. Where you can add individual voices of a particular style(1 OT voice, 1 Analog Voice, etc) and you can even add sequencer steps Where you could extend the sequencer out to 128 steps without changing pages(granted if you bought 7 sequencer extensions).

Sometimes you just want 1 voice of various voices all to be controlled from one unit.

5.) Model:Mono/Duo
Duophonic (2VCOs, 2 Sub oscillators, analog ring modulator) analog synth with multiple filter types, digital effects, and ridiculous modulation options?

I’d like to see another standalone effects box from Elektron, similar to the Analog Heat mkii.

Like the form factor of the Analog Heat mkii, but with all sorts of effects that could be mixed together and tweaked, for live use and in the studio.

Playing in bands for years, I have a pile of guitar/bass effects pedals, but a lot of them don’t integrate well with the Digitakt.

Based on the effects that are on the Digitakt, I think Elektron would develop a forward thinking and unique palette of sounds.

5 Likes

Monomachine 2… With all the bells and whistles, and upgrades.

3 Likes

I currently use the Pioneer RMX1000 for this exact setup.
It’s actually pretty decent but I would swap it out for a performance oriented multi fx box ala heat/digi size in a heartbeat.
They should definitely do this.

2 Likes

This too

1 Like

Small pocket things.

Teenage Engeenering :
PO 32 is definitely a surprising MD in the pocket, even without Microtonic software. Plocks, trigless…
Really cool fx. Surprising battery autonomy.
P0 33 is a surprising DT in the pocket…with some OT fx like in.
P0 35 has impressive voice fx, but poor real-time fx, 1 or 2 usable more than twice to my taste…

I’m quite sure Elektron inspired those things especially concerning sequencer, I’d like to see more innovative things from them (After Digitone)…

2 Likes

a beefed-up Digitakt, OT sized.

two sets of outputs a la OT.
stereo inputs routable to internal tracks a la OT.
analog filter and overdrive per channel a la AR.
but operation closer to DT than OT. don’t need slices or timestretching.
I would pay current OT price for this dream machine.

1 Like

Did you practice OT (I guess you tried DT)?
Filters are pretty good, their distortion not too bad.

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to see an updated modernised OT, since getting the DT and DN, I really like them a lot. Very easy to use and focused and the form factor is great. At the moment what I’d hope for is a similar box but with lots of polyphony available such as 64. This would allow long release times etc and be more like the old school Rompler in an Elektron box.

In terms of synthesis it could be a simple looped wav oscillator, wavetables or both. I’d love sample, loop it, play polyphonically. Elektron have never done serious polyphony and whilst I get that from driving external synths, the DN has shown that 8 Note per step and overlapping notes can be done and it works really well. It seems a logical next step to me.

2 Likes

You’re exactly right, I haven’t tried the DT. Distortion/overdrive is something I’m fussy about though.
The distortion on the DT is OK but not as good as dedicated analog. To have great distortion per-voice on the DT would be fantastic.

The Big Box. 12 tracks total. 4 Analog Synth tracks, like the A4, to do drums and/or analog synth lines. 4 FM tracks like the Digitone, and 4 Sample tracks, ala Octatrack, with stereo sampling. A joystick so you can crossfade between 4 different scenes at once. Master FX bus will include analog LP, BP & HP filters, as well as a few choice analog drive & compressor selections from the heat. Control All feature. 12 physical outputs as well as Overbridge. SD card slot as well as interior slot for SSD.

6 Likes

That would be insane and I’d love it.

1 Like

I would love to see a Digitone “Pro” I. E. a larger version of the Digitone with 8 tracks and at least 16 voices of polyphony. It should have 4 macro knobs for assignment of multiple parameters (or a scene fader like OT) and of course a song mode.

4 Likes

A Laptop

1 Like

an hybrid octa with analog filters, usb connectable to stream (send and resample directly with usb @ low latency) , with a lot of in and outs, polyphonic and timestretching for poly samples chords, exotic scales modes and midi arps